cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, the current Now TV day pass lasts 24 hours, right? 

Currently, that means if you buy a Sky Sports Day Pass at 1.30pm on a Saturday, it will run out at 1.30pm on Sunday. This is fine if there is a lot of football on between then and you plan to watch it all. 

However, what if there's only one game you're concerned with? You're paying £9.99 for what is essentially 2 hours of television. Call it £5 per hour. Let's face it, that's pretty extortionate for a streaming service. 

Why not make the day pass 24 hours of actual viewing time rather than just a day? So by purchasing a day pass, you can use it to watch 24 hours worth of sport, over a longer period of time? You could buy a pass on a Friday, watch an evening KO game, then a 3pm KO match on Saturday, the Grand Prix on a Sunday, MNF, Tuesday matches, Wednesday matches the lot! £9.99 seems a bargain now!

9 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Love the service as the football coverage on Sky is unrivalled.<br><br>However, I would prefer to pay for a service where I buy 24 hours worth of viewing time and if I use 2 hours and turn off my device or sign out, I still have 24 hours remaining. I wouldn't mind particularly paying more for this but it's sorts out annoying dilemmas like having Wigan - Swansea tonight at 7pm and Spurs - Chelsea tomorrow at 7pm. Currently, I would have to pay £20 to watch both of these games and that's a little steep considering that's the only show I want to watch using the service.<br><br>Cheers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thinking a little bit ahead to the Lion's tour, are Now TV thinking of offering a subscription price or discounted multi event ticket so that I could see all 10 of the games? Gibven that they are all on 10 different days I cannot really afford to pay £100 but would subscribe for a month or, if it is possible, I would subscribe just for the Lions games themselves. i.e. you could time each pass for two hours from when it began and sell them cheaper as a package?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I absolutely agree with this idea - I was about to post the same until I saw this post.

I'd be happy to buy 24 hours access. It would be great if the 24 hours use was open ended but I can see how that might make people drop their full subscriptions.

What about £10 for 24 hours access that expires after a week as a compromise, irrespective of how much of the 24 hours has been used ?

That would propably work for F1, Tennis and Golf fans whose events last several days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think the Movies and Entertainment passes represent good value. However the current sky sports day pass is quite expensive particularly if a customer wishes to watch several events throughout the month. An alternative approach would be to offer something similar to a mobile phone pay as you go type of contract. The £9.99 could buy a block of time to be used during the month at the customers leasure to watch the sports channels. When the time expires we could buy tops up that month. Any unused time at the end of the month could expire or role over. Auto recharge could be enabled to recharge accounts at the start of a month and now TV could offer different blocks of time at different price points.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I was wondering if NowTv will implement a usage fee than a 24 hr viewing for sky sports I would likely pay for hours usage than 24 hr as I hardly in. And like to watch the odd football game etc. I.e £10 for so many hours usage which I can use when I want. Obviously has to be priced reasonably or not worth it.I only watching sky sports on nowtv via free vouchers. I think £1 an hour (will convert people to the system), min £10 topup. .... Only giving an ideaPs give people the option 24hr pass or pay as u go per hour. Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure why message got garbled with extra bits. Did it on ipad. Sorry

but hope made sense

basically I would prefer a pay per hour , reasonably priced , I.e. option off

Basically 2 options to choose

£1 per hour use, min £10 topup (so can watch over days for odd games) and the current 24 hr access options

Just an idea.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would still be far too expensive

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah agree would be nice to have a month pass. But for someone like me I don't watch often. And I would probably not subscribe to a month pass or day pass unless cost was right.

But I was just putting an idea to aim for those who only watch infrequent, I think per hour would suit. Yeah would be better if was cheaper. But I be happy to pay £2 to watch a premiership game I like to watch . So my idea suits me. I might only want to watch 2 games in a month. Least if per hour my idea means one payment could enable me to catch games I want over a 2-3 month period. No subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So how much does it cost to visit a stadium and watch a game from the terraces, .. Or even a directors box.. That being the equivalent? I think you will find the streaming pricing more than reasonable by comparison.