cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching now TV on fire stick

Is this possible? Doesn't seem so. Can't screen mirror from android as now TV will only run in app not web browser. Same problem in trying to use web browser eg Firefox on the fire TV stick.

29 REPLIES 29
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Twopan

It's always best to do some research before buying an electronic device, I've found that they will always talk up their products and hide their shortcomings.

That's why I tend to check the user forums to actually find out how a product I'm interested in actually behaves.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Seems a lot of info online about fire stick & now tv 

I was just gonna trial some passes out. 

But, obv some of that a bit misleading . 

I had no joy with Ntv & FS ! 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Cruella

What are you actually after, maybe I can suggest something you can actually use.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I generally use firestick,  

We use Netflix,  too. 

Have Virg box. As main. 

But, I'd got a pass offer for now tv, thought it would be simple ! But, theres obv an issue isnt there ? About side loading to the FStick ? Despite what I'd heard/read  online. 

I'm no techie whizz kid btw ! 

I was generally faffing,  as it looks I prob wont pursue now tv if I'm only viewing on the small devices. 

I believe you can use chromecast though ? 

Dont think I'm adding that to my collection! 

I'm not outta pocket yet luckily, trying out passes 

😕 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Cruella

First, let me tell you where I'm coming on this, I have a Roku 3, which they don't make anymore, but it has a lot more facilities than the Now TV stick,  and once the Roku set up you'll ready for all the channel/apps you could ever want.

OK, at the moment you can buy either a Roku stick or express, these devices can support Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, BBC iPlayer, UKTV, All4 as well as Now TV and a whole host of other channels/apps that Now TV devices and the Amazon Fire stick don't support.

The only thing you must do when you purchase a Roku device is register it on the Roku website, then you can install as many channels/apps as you want from the Roku channel/apps store.  And from experience, I know that they add new channel/apps every week to their store. 

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Morning Gavs

How are you this morning?

I was touching up the bass on my system when your name popped up, cheers for that.

Craig David  -- On A Remix

Anyway, catch you later.

Smiley02.jpg

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Morning good sir!

It would seem that the only thing that is posted on the forums is users repeating the same questions about sports and refund. If I am being honest, it is becoming tiresome and like you put it so well in the Crises thread meh!

At least there are some familiar "faces" on here to keep my sanity haha. 

Having to work from home for the time being. What is your situation? Hope you are safe!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Hey Gavs

I'm cool at the moment, 'sides Corona hasn't bothered me too much yet (as I bop to Craig David's House/Remix music --not bad for a pensioner).

Mind you Gavs, you certainly have more stamina than I do because those recurring user problems are driving me crazy, I mean, don't anybody use the Internet for research anymore?  It's as if they want someone else to look through their eyes and do the research for them.

Still, let's not become disheartened, I've got another half hour of music to play before Judge Judy starts or I might give it a miss (I'm undecided).

Sorry Gavs, my mind is starting to wonder and I'm rambling (but these remixes I'm listening to are so d***** good).

Anyway, I'm gonna pop over to Amazon to see if I can get some more digital albums.

Catch you in a bit

UK Bob 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Over the past few days I have took advantage to working from home and been able to listen to some music whilst I work, which we can't do in the office ☹️

Its been a right old combination of music from current rock (Billy Talent, Rammstein) to the Beatles and now onto Bon Jovi. Although that being said I did listen to Mike Shinoda yesterday. 

So I noticed that the Blacklist is due to return sometime in April. Which is about time, considering the States is about to kick off again after its mid season break. 

Personally I have completely given up with Sky picking up the rights, so I have decided to make proper use of my VPN to change Netflix regions, which season 7 of Blacklist in India, Poland and South Korea are completely up to date and even in 4K!

Can't see me keeping my Now TV sub much longer. 

Haha don't worry about it, there was a few times I just want to go in and block all new posts and tell them to look through the form or better yet do actual research!

Nothing wrong with a good rant, it certainly has to be a guy thing regardless of age 😂

As for the Coronavirus, its good to see that there are other sane people out there. It is so bad it makes doing the weekly shop a impossible task because of the loonies out in force. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

You know Gavs

I am also having problems with shopping, in my case online shopping, which I have been doing some 20-odd years.  And your right, even online the shopping has been truly loony-tunes

This stupid panic buying is forcing supermarkets to introduce (war-time) rationing, which is an utterly ridiculous thing to happen in a western country, in the 21st century.

Still Gavs, I'm not worried yet but the subtle price rises are increasing my food bill, not by much yet but enough to notice.

Completely changing the subject, have you ever watched "House", starring Hugh Laurie.  Admittedly, I originally hated the programme because as a medical drama it just sucked.  However, I now realise it's not about the medical drama, it's about the actually dramatic and comedic interplay between the actors, and the cool music that's played in the background.

Truth be told, I've tracked down two albums from just watching, and listening, to House.

They are:

1) Simple Things by Zero 7.

Stand out track, "In The Waiting Line".

Zero 7 - Simple Things.jpg

2) Continuum by John Mayer

Stand out track, "Gravity".

John Mayer - Continuum.jpg

I'm looking for a third killer song/album but can't recall the title or artist at the moment but I've still got hope that I'll either hear it again, remember it (soon-ish) or track it down.

Catch ya' later.

UK Bob (aka Rambling Bob)