cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Suicide Squad :-)

Why on earth do DC films keep getting horrible reviews from critics?? 

Like Batman V Superman, I really enjoyed this one 🙂

Spoiler

It was well casted, especially The Joker's and Harley Quinn's ''relationship''.
It had great action sequences, a killer soundtrack (I cannot get that 'sucker for pain' song out of my head 😄 ), 
I liked the humour with Harley Quinn a lot, I was really hoping she would quote "Puddin' " and "Mr. J" which she delivered 🙂

I really don't want to give much away but praising it too much seems like I will spoil it.

A little criticism:-

The storyline could have been a little bit stronger, it is hard to describe without really spoiling it.

Also, the introduction for each "hero" went on a bit too long. We know they are the bad guys so why go into too much detail about what their crimes were? 

All in all, 4 out of 5 stars from me 🙂

Sequel please! 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
28 REPLIES 28
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Woohoo looks like we are getting a stand-alone Jared Leto Joker movie ...

http://www.nme.com/news/film/jared-leto-lead-new-joker-spin-off-film-2333411

....hmm then again looks like we are also getting another Suicide Squad movie, a Harley Quinn movie (with Margot Robbie) AND a Joker origin movie with a completely different Joker ... so I'm not quite sure what's going on tbh!! Still, we are also supposed to be getting a Batgirl movie (yay!) ... and a Gotham Sirens movie (yay!) ... although it could be a Batwoman movie instead ... erm ... nope still not sure what's going on tbh!!!!! 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Hi Guys

I gonna weigh in here and, maybe, throw a little cold water on your enthusiasm.

First, it is hard to believe that WB/DC are going to make so many "Joker" movies, it's more likely that they are throwing mud at a wall and seeing what will stick, i.e. which idea generates the most excitement.

As for a Batgirl movie, I believe that was cancelled when when Joss Whedon left (or was sacked from) WB/DC.

Batwoman is another matter, I understand that she will show up in the next/forthcoming CW crossover.

At the moment I think WB/DC are running around in circles because they just do not know how to make comic book movies fit in with the way they work, so they are trying out various experimental ideas.

However, I do hope that they get it together soon because if they don't then I foresee the DC movies universe coming to an abrupt end.

UK Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Too..many...movies to keep up with... Smiley Surprised

Did you ever see The Lego Batman Movie? That is hilarious! 😂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Yep seen Batman Lego Movie, funny altho I find Lego characters a bit freaky, it's all those right angles sends my eyes funny! 😄

Still, we've got Aquaman at the end of the year, you'll enjoy that six-pack ... I mean, movie! 

PS did you see that the EU are now trying to rid the world of memes? Before 90% of my posts are deleted under threat of legal action and I'm whisked away to spend the rest of my life in a padded cell with no Internet access, I'll finish off this thread with a suitably Suicide Squad response from our mate Harley ..

harleymeme.jpeg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Hey Andy

I don't get it, what has the EU got against Memes?

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I thought you were joking but darn, you weren't! 😮 😮

@ukbobboy

https://news.sky.com/story/memes-will-be-banned-under-new-eu-copyright-law-warn-campaigners-11398577

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Casey

And cheers for that link, as I suspected, it all to do with copyright issues, e.g. someone taking an online image and making money from it without any royalties being paid to the originator.

However, if commonsense prevails, then putting a picture or emoji into a forum post to illustrate a point should still come under "Freedom of Speech" or "Fair Usage".

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Next they will be going after funny cat/dog videos 😞 😞

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6 

Hi Guys

I came across a bit of news about the WB/DC world and how it's being shaken up and sorted out, which I hope will now put an end to the chaotic way they make superhero films.

Since January this year, a new president of DC Entertainment-based film production at Warner Bros. has been appointed, his name is Walter Hamada. One of the first things the new president did was to ban the announcement of SH movie release dates before work on the movie has actually started. This used to cause massive problems because films would be released to a schedule, to appease financial backers, rather than when the film was actually ready.

Right now the new president is quietly sorting out the mess he has inherited while putting planned structures in place.

At the moment, there are plans to release two movies next year, Shazam!, starring Zachary Levi, and Wonder Woman 2There is also the potential for two Joker films to be produced, an origin story starring Joaquin Phoenix and the other movie starring Jared Leto.  

However, from a personal point of view, I think it is unlikely that "both will see the light of day", one of them is likely to be axed.

Finally, since the departure of Joss Whedon in February this year, the script for the (possible) Batgirl movie is currently being worked on by Christina Hodson, the Bumblebee screen writer.

Peace out.

UK Bob