cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

No way, they've got Werner Herzog's Nosferatu remake!!! Absolute classic!

And the original The Crazies!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Not yet I havent but I'm looking into it. I don't really like using my tablet/phone as a TV.

It says available in the UK but the subscription is $4.99 so whatever that is in £'s (I'm guessing about £3-£4).

You do get a free trial though and the content looks pretty good. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Did you see the set photos James McAvoy posted for IT Chapter 2? Looks like the 'Loser Club Jrs' are back on set - hope that means there's more flashbacks with them in! The adult half of the story isn't as good as the kids half so it needs some extra loser club flashbacks to jazz it up!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkj9b_PHX6s/?utm_source=ig_embed

Also did you see this mashup of little Bev and big Bev ... genuinely spooky how similar they look!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkjDEzGBsfT/?utm_source=ig_embed

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Great finds! They look so alike! 

Am I the only one who thinks Jim Parsons could have been a good Bill?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 He would looks-wise but I'd never be able to resist shouting 'bazinga' everytime Pennywise pops up!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1VOy7HKRs

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy I admit I am not a Tom Cruise fan myself. He is quite bland if I am honest. 

I'm a bit impressed with this trailer though, it does look good. 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@ukbobboy @Andy I admit I am not a Tom Cruise fan myself. He is quite bland if I am honest. 

I'm a bit impressed with this trailer though, it does look good. 🙂

Hi

@caseyb1993 . Is this a remake of the film that had Brendan Fraser in it? I'm always a bit weary of remakes. The first two mummy films were good but the third one was pretty rubbish . I think that was The mummy tomb of the Dragon Emperor if I remember correctly

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 There is an arguement in the YouTube comments that it is a reboot and not a remake as the plot seems completely different. Everyone is moaning because The Mummy is a lady. People need to get a grip. LOL.

Even #BrendanFraser is trending on twitter because of it. 😄

I'm the same though with remakes as I don't see the point in making the same movies twice. I think it is greed with the movie companies.

I adore The Mummy and The Mummy Returns but yes, Dragon Emperor was quite bad. Where was The Mummy for one thing? Ha. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:
Is this a remake of the film that had Brendan Fraser in it? 

@commanda6 No it's a reimagining of the original Universal 1932 film The Mummy (in other words the proper one) starring the great Boris Karloff

image.jpeg

and marks the start of Universal's Monster Cinematic Universe, bringing together all their iconic monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon etc) into one modern day universe a la Marvel and DC ...

.... and I am very excited!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@commanda6 wrote:
Is this a remake of the film that had Brendan Fraser in it? 

@commanda6 No it's a reimagining of the original Universal 1932 film The Mummy (in other words the proper one) starring the great Boris Karloff

Hi @Andy

oh, fair enough. To be fair 1932 is ever so slightly before my time Smiley Wink

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.