cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Order of Episodes

Has anyone else found that some programs are either in order of most recent first or in a totally random order. Examples NCIS Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, 11.22.63.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

Tell you what I will take a photo later.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268  On what device?  On the Now TV box, selecting 'Latest' will order episodes by the most recently added first.  But if you browse via Season, they should be in order.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Couple of different devices. Now box and other similar device. Happening both when select from Home page or from within channels. Silicon Valley was particularly strange not in correct order either backwards or forwards. Some episodes in current season say here until August and others leaving in certain number of days.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268  Silicon Valley has episodes put up soon after the US broadcast (like Game of Thrones) but not shown on Sky Atlantic for a couple of weeks.  So each episode will be put up as a preview, lasting for a week or so, then expire and be replaced by a catch up episode after broadcast.

This means that ep1 will appear to last longer than ep4.  But when the preview version of ep4 expires, it'll be replaced by the catch up version with the same expiry date as ep1.

Selecting 'Season 3' down the left hand hand side should put them in the correct order.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Tell you what I will take a photo later.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'd be interested to see.  On the Now TV box, I only get Silicon Valley in the mixed-up order under 'Latest'.  Under 'Season 3' it's in the correct order for me.

Legend 5
Legend 5

IMG_20160530_232521453.jpg mixed up order

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well how odd...

I've just checked the episode listings (for all seasons) on my LG television and it's nice and orderly...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 the Latest section orders catchup only episodes on the date they were added. As @DarylM said episodes are being added early as previews, then removed and replaced with their catchup version.

We currently have 3 catchup episodes and 3 preview episodes

Episode 1 - added 12 May - leaves 13 Aug

Episode 2 - added 19 May - leaves 13 Aug

Episode 3 - added 26 May - leaves 13 Aug

Episode 4 - added 16 May - leaves 2 Jun

Episode 5 - added 23 May - leaves 9 Jun

Episode 6 - added 30 May - leaves 16 Jun

Personally I'd just set the expiry dates to the 13 Aug for all the episodes, but I'm guessing users switching to the catchup section shortly after an episode finishes airing are confused that they can't find it.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

IMG_20160530_232521453.jpg mixed up order

@4268  The 'Latest' section orders catch up episodes in the order they're uploaded.  Silicon Valley is mixed up because each episode is uploaded twice.  Once the day after the US as a preview and then again after broadcast on Sky Atlantic (at which point the preview episode expires).

Episode 5 was uploaded May 23rd (preview)

Episode 3 was uploaded May 26th (catch up)

Episode 6 was uploaded May 30th (preview)

So they're in date order in the 'Latest' section, which will give a mixed-up episode order since they're a mix of previews and catch-up.

They should be in the correct order in 'Season 3'.