cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Oh dear I think I have made a mistake!

So I am very new to Now TV and recently bought a box with a 3 mth entertainment pass, all good and working and I am very happy with it.

Saw today a deal that has a box with 6 month Entertainment pass at approx half price. So I think I will buy that and apply the 6 month voucher to my exisiting account/box. Genius I think!!!

Well having come on here, for a read, I am concerned that my awwsome plan may not be so awesome....is the 6 month voucher going to be allowed on my exisitng account/box? This an Argos deal and if I cannot do it I will return it all and get a refund.

Thanks for any help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

@Lindzi Not a problem. Just wait until there are less than 30 days to run on your current pass and apply the new one. You won't lose anything as the new one will not start until the moment the old one runs out. Also you now have a spare box which you could use on a second tv, if you have one.

@Mark_Weinreb there is an echo in here Smiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

So I am very new to Now TV and recently bought a box with a 3 mth entertainment pass, all good and working and I am very happy with it.

Saw today a deal that has a box with 6 month Entertainment pass at approx half price. So I think I will buy that and apply the 6 month voucher to my exisiting account/box. Genius I think!!!

Well having come on here, for a read, I am concerned that my awwsome plan may not be so awesome....is the 6 month voucher going to be allowed on my exisitng account/box? This an Argos deal and if I cannot do it I will return it all and get a refund.

Thanks for any help!!

Hi @Lindzi

If you wait until the last month of your current voucher you should be able to apply the six month voucher to your account.  The vouchers that come with box packs have a 12 month expiry on so it should still be in date by the time you come to apply it.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Lindzi
Elite 2

Ah thanks for the quick reply!

I just saw some posts saying that some vouchers are for new customers and so the passes that they bought couldn't be activated on their exisiting accounts.

I just didn't want to pay for it and then find afterwards that it wasn't allowed and it wouldn't be refundable after I scratched the pass code thing.

Thanks again!

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Not a problem. Just wait until there are less than 30 days to run on your current pass and apply the new one. You won't lose anything as the new one will not start until the moment the old one runs out. Also you now have a spare box which you could use on a second tv, if you have one.

Beaten to it by @commanda6

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

@Mark_Weinreb there is an echo in here Smiley Very Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Mark_Weinreb                 

Thank you

I would def like to use the second box but my second TV is quite old and only has one HDMI port, which currently has Virgin plugged into it. If I buy one of those HDMI switcher things do you think it'll all work properly? This is the virgin box that I use to record so worried that a switcher could scupper that 🙂

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5
I use a manual 4-way HDMI switch on my bedroom tv as it only has a single HDMI port. It works perfectly.
Lindzi
Elite 2

Thank you so much for your help, I will give that a go and then I can have Now TV in both rooms......I think I may never leave the house, too much of GoT to get through and only 13 days left to do it!!!