cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user question

I have just purchsed a smart box for my tv upstairs.

I am currently watching now tv on my ps4 that came with a now tv 2 month pass when i purchased it.

We i be able to log onto my new smart box using the exsisting pass i got with my ps4 or will i need to enter the voucher that came with the smart box. 

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

We i be able to log onto my new smart box using the exsisting pass i got with my ps4 or will i need to enter the voucher that came with the smart box. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

In short yes you can!

You can register a maximum of four NOW TV playback devices and view on a maximum of two at the same time...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

In short yes you can!

You can register a maximum of four NOW TV playback devices and view on a maximum of two at the same time...

Just to add to what @SeeMoreDigital has said

A device is only classed as a registered device. Once you have watched NowTV content on it for the first time.

Think of it this way registered devices are devices which are authorised to access now TV content

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @commanda6 @SeeMoreDigital

Hi D

As C6 and SMD have said your new NowTV smart box and PS4 (with NowTV app) will both work on your account and will both use your 2 month pass and later on you can add your free pass that came with your smart box.

However, if your 2 month pass is a cinema/movie pass and your 3 month pass is an entertainment pass then you can use both passes at the same time.

OK, if you continue to use passes instead of having NowTV take a subscription  from your bank card then you will find the following instructions helpful:

The following instructions were developed, written and continually used by Senior Forum Member @Schnapps and applies to all NowTV vouchers, i.e. Entertainment, Cinema/Movie and Kids.

All you need to do is buy your voucher pass (from either Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc.) and apply the voucher code to your existing NowTV account under My Passes where you will see an option to "Apply Voucher".

Then all you need to do within the final 30 calendar days before the voucher expires (if you want to continue with the voucher method) is to add a new voucher pass.

If you keep following this method then no money will be taken from your bank or credit card, I have been using this method for over 18 months to keep the costs down and touch wood and, as of yet, I have had no money taken from my bank card by NowTV.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you must apply the new voucher code before the existing code expires (within the last 30 days) or NowTV will automatically take a payment from your bank card.

NB: The above method will also work with vouchers obtained with purchases of new NowTV boxes, special promotions or legitimate third party suppliers.

NB2: Unless stated otherwise, vouchers have a 12 month time limit and, if not used, will expire approximately 12 months after date of purchase. If you have any doubt about your voucher check with NowTV's Live Chat at the following URL:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

Also if you decide to leave the NowTV service (either short or long term) make sure that you cancel your passes (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full duration of the voucher passes that you have applied) or again NowTV will automatically renew taking monthly subscription costs from your bank card.

They need to put a 10p hold on the card, which is released almost instantly. This is to ensure that:

a) The card is valid and not reported stolen,
b) The card holder is over 18 and
c) The card holder's registered address is within the UK.

Happy viewing

UK Bob