cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV catch up

Hi. I’ve have the now tv box for ITV/ITV be catch up & channel 4, I have all the other apps on my tv, I can’t seem to watch catch up on ITV be? I can’t find any programmes which were on this week or last week? Can someone help? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You'll only see the latest episode of a show on the ITV Hub app on your box. To see more episodes you need to start playing the current episode that is listed, wait until the ads have finished and the programme itself starts, then press the pause button on the remote. You will then see an option to view all episodes. Press left on the remote to highlight the option then press OK and it will bring up all the previous episodes that are available to watch.

And don't worry ... If you want to watch TOWIE, you go for it! 🙂

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc.

Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked the ITV Hub App on my NowTV smart box and ITV Be is showing catch up programmes from earlier today, yesterday 20th September to the 16th September.

If you know what show you are interested in have you tried the A-Z feature on the App ?

Which NowTV box do you own, the white box, the standard black box or the smart box with the blue nowtv logo on the top casing of the box ?

What ITV Hub App software version is showing on your box by pressing the star * button on your remote controller when you highlight the ITV Hub in My Apps (My box shows version 1.0 build 491).

Bit of a long shot perhaps remove the ITV Hub from the My Apps by pressing the star button on your RC and then going to the App Store on the box and re install the ITV Hub App.

Also, maybe try rebooting both your box and Router to see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Thanks for your response, I’ve never posted on any forum so this is all new to me.

So what is the point of buying a now tv box with ITV player/channel 4 apps if I can’t watch the programmes I like? Surely this is false advertising? I haven’t bought it for the entertainment as I’ll cancel this on 3 months. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sufficed to say, the primary purpose of the NOW TV branded boxes is to access the NOW TV subscription service, which is why they are so cheap or even free when purchased with an 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' bundle.

If a 'third-party' app provider changes their service or the functionality of their app, there's nothing NOW TV can do about it.

All you can do is make sure you have the newest versions of the third-party apps 😉

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps hi, thanks so much for helping, I have the black box, I’ll try all that you’ve said & come back to you shortly. Thanks lisa
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps ok, I’ve tried all of the things you mentioned, I can’t find what system I have? It shows itv hub/itv be, I’ve typed in the programmes I want to watch but it only has one episode when there are 2. Really confusing! Much easier to watch on my laptop! Help!! It’s towie & housewives of Cheshire. Please don’t judge!! 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You'll only see the latest episode of a show on the ITV Hub app on your box. To see more episodes you need to start playing the current episode that is listed, wait until the ads have finished and the programme itself starts, then press the pause button on the remote. You will then see an option to view all episodes. Press left on the remote to highlight the option then press OK and it will bring up all the previous episodes that are available to watch.

And don't worry ... If you want to watch TOWIE, you go for it! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital, I don’t know why I’ve put my username as itvcatchup! It’s lisa. Ok, I bought the box only for itv/itv be & channel 4 catch up, so how do I update those apps? Yes I known £15.00 is cheap but you’d expect it to work. Thanks lisa
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I have version 4.0