cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gavin and stacey........edited to buggery

hi all 

just a quick question, we started to watch gavin and stacy season one, only to find its been edited and cut all over the place meaning some of the best scenes have been cut out entirely, is this something that now tv and sky do to shows on the box sets or catch ups, i would have thought it not being on acutual tv this wouldnt happen.

this isnt amusing after paying out for passes then finding the content you want to watch is being sensered or cut to pieces ....

the example being after these editd episode onbe which should have been 29 minutes long is now in fact 23 minutes long so a total of 6 minutes have been cut!

is there an explanation for this?

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Given that this particular show is being shown on GOLD, which is a UKTV run channel, you're best off contacting them...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for taking the time to reply, yes in theory contacting them would be a route forward, but the fact i pay now tv for the subscription ultimely it should be up to now tv to make sure content is complete and ready to be made available to veiwers...

watch the episode in question its not that its been cut proffessionally its been hacked! there is no contiunity to the way the edits have been done.

i will try your suggestion and again thankyou for taking the time to reply, i hope someone form now tv will offer their prospective, as i mentioned we pay now tv for services we dont expect the content to be hacked or edited. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I doubt there's anything that NOW TV can do, except pass your comment on @Anonymous User. NOW TV can only distribute what they are given by UKTV...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i think your right, what might have happened is that they were sent the edited for daytime tv showing, have been told episodes 2, 3, 4 and 5 havent been touched, so your theory sort of explains it, thanks again