cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones Series 1

Hi.

Now that Game of Thrones has finished I see that Sky Atlantic is broadcasting them from the beginning. I can watch the episode live, but they haven't appeared under 'catch up' or Sky Atlantic. Why is that?

We have had the box a couple of months & I was under the impression that the shows available on Now TV were exactly the same as the actual channel, we just had to wait a day or so for them to appear. 

Thanks in advance

Suz.

4 REPLIES 4
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Since the boxsets expired recently, I doubt NOWTV would get the rights to it again so soon on  catchup. It is very likely to come back as boxsets though.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now that Game of Thrones has finished I see that Sky Atlantic is broadcasting them from the beginning. I can watch the episode live, but they haven't appeared under 'catch up' or Sky Atlantic. Why is that? 

In short... Money!

It all down to pre-arranged agreements with the copyright holders... Other service providers now hold the option to 'stream' this particular show within the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Buy the DVD or get it on iTunes!!!

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Repeats are very rarely made available on catch up (except on channels like Gold & ITV Encore which are mainly repeats).

On the whole, if a show is a repeat on Sky1 or Sky Atlantic it will not be available on 30-day catch up.  Only brand new first-run episodes will be available on catch up for about 30 days after broadcast.  Repeats will usually have to be watched 'live' on the channel.

Boxsets are another matter, but these won't usually be directly related to what is broadcast on any particular date.

Season 1 of Game of Thrones will return as a boxset shortly before the next season begins.  Since that isn't until next summer, I wouldn't be surprised if it came back on its own at some point late this year.  But that's just a guess on my part.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.