cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody know why?

I brought a now tv box in July and my subscription started on 25th July 2017 and ends on jan 2018, so why when I go into now tv on my passes does it say it ends on October 25th?
5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Some of the NowTV playback devices cannot show the full duration of your passes on your account  (my Android Phone App and Apple TV only shows the pass for the month).

If you go to the Now TV website with your internet browser and select My Account > My Passes does it show your pass offer up until end of January 2018 ? 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I brought a now tv box in July and my subscription started on 25th July 2017 and ends on jan 2018, so why when I go into now tv on my passes does it say it ends on October 25th?

Hi @Anonymous User

On the my passes page. There should be a down arrow next to passes you are subscribed to click it and you should be given more details. If the extra information you see doesn't put you at ease, then I would get in touch with live chat. It's also probably best to view the my passes page on a PC to make sure you're getting the most reliable information.

For example

Screenshot-2017-10-20 My Account.png

to get to live chat use the link I provided then select 'bills and payments' and select 'query about my next payment' then select 'chat online'

I hope this helpsSmiley Happy

PS just before I hit post . I noticed that @schnapps has offered you assistance. But you can never have too much information. @schnapps is correct in that some devices cannot show full pass information. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi commanda6

I looked on the website and it now says ends 25jan 2018 but on the app it says 25th October 😕
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The app shows when your next 'monthly period' begins rather than the actual end date of your 6 month offer.

As long as the website is showing your offer end date of 25th Jan then you have nothing to worry about, you'll carry on getting each month free until your 6 months is up (don't forget at the end of your six months your offer automatically rolls over into a paid pass so if you don't want this to happen make sure you cancel before 25th Jan).

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi commanda6

I looked on the website and it now says ends 25jan 2018 but on the app it says 25th October 😕

Hi @Anonymous User

If the website says 25th of January, then you have nothing to worry about, so you can sit back, relax and binge watchSmiley Very Happy

as @Andy mentioned above, the app usually only shows you when the next billing period starts not to when your voucher/offer ends. The way it works when you apply an offer/voucher is that you are on that office/voucher for X number of billing periods. Let's say you were to apply a three month entertainment pass to your account. This means that you would be on that voucher for three billing periods of usually 30 days each.

It's actually the case that on most devices. The app has now been altered to only show you whether a particular pass type is active or not, most devices now don't show you any extra detail. I think it's because there's always been a bit of difficulty getting the app to display the correct information. So people are now encouraged to check the website. And to be honest, it's better to do that anyway. I think  there are now only a few devices still try to show you some of the details

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.