cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones After End of May

Hi there, I’ve just started watching Game of Thrones (late to the party) and I am nearly finished season 2, but realised it’s only on Now TV until the end of May. Does anyone know if this contract will be renewed after May? If not, does anyone know where I can watch it in the UK?

thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Game of Thrones is due to leave 31st because to rights to have it on demand will expire. If memory serves me as I don't watch live TV, Sky Atlantic usually stream the show live in the evenings so keep an eye out there. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Game of Thrones is due to leave 31st because to rights to have it on demand will expire. If memory serves me as I don't watch live TV, Sky Atlantic usually stream the show live in the evenings so keep an eye out there. 🙂

@Anonymous User  If previous years are anything to go by game of thrones season eight should be available on Amazon video soon after season eight has finished airing, but you won't be able to stream it as part of a prime subscription you will have to buy the season on Amazon video in order to stream it. It will also be available on Google play as well.

However, whether it will become available on pay to view services straight after(the day after)  the season has aired or only after it disappears from the NowTV library is anyone's guess. If I remember I will check the day after season eight has finished airing to see if it is available on Amazon video and Google play. If it is a posting here again and let you know.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this. Only issue is that I’m only on season 2 so looking for somewhere to watch the earlier seasons x
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User all of the earlier seasons are already available on Amazon video and Google play. The only trouble is, buying most of the seasons on Amazon video or Google play could get a bit expensiveSmiley Sad if I were you I would get as far as you can watching game of thrones on NowTV and then try and get the remaining ones elsewhere.

According to NowTV systems game of thrones season eight doesn't actually expire from NowTV until 19th of June 2019

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/entertainment/highlights/asset/game-of-thrones/8e6fa5c7e1fdf410VgnVCM1000000b43150a____/iYsxVQTYrUBMHk61x2Sao1/seasons/8

Game of thrones on Google play

https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Game_of_Thrones?id=gW08FkF6y-U

Game of thrones on Amazon video

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B00FZLRCBY/ref=atv_dp_season_select_atf

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones is showing as one day remaining, but I thought it expired on the 19th. I can't watch the last episode tonight does that mean I will miss it now? Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Game of Thrones Season 8 does expire on the 19th of June 2019.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-game-of-thrones-on-now-tv

What will happen is that the one day leaving counter will change to a 24 hour countdown timer from Midnight tonight.

Then from Midnight the countdown timer will start counting down every hour until Midnight tomorrow night.

So you have actually until 23.55 on the 18th of June 2019 to finish watching GOT Season 8.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Typo error should say 23:59 hrs on the 18th of June 2019 .