cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowtennis
Advocate

us open tennis

taken a one month subscription to @skysports so i can watch the us open. It seems  I have a choice of 2 or 3 matches only - how do i see more?

97 REPLIES 97
NH
Advocate

Magically all of a sudden the bonus streams have showed up on Apple TV 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NH 

I am guessing a reboot on your ATV and Router doesn't help ?

I don't own a ATV, but from my Chromecast Google TV i can access Bonus Streams either from the US open tennis thumbnail on the main home screen, or clicking on Sport top line of home screen and then the Bonus Streams are at the bottom of the screen page.

Also, it seems since an hour ago if I go into the dedicated Tennis folder next to Football, Motorsport I can also view Bonus Streams from there.

Perhaps other customers using a Apple TV 4th generation in the UK can confirm if they see the Bonus Streams.

NH
Advocate

Yes bonus streams suddenly started to show up as if someone had forgotten to serve them up earlier …. anyhow, thanks for your help 

Now-customer

Hi I have a 4th Gen 4K Apple TV and have found the bonus channels as you describe but there is no commentary on the bonus channels 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Now-customer 

On my Fire Stick and Chromecast 4K Google TV (only two devices I have used today).

It's seems the commentary for the Bonus Streams are only available for the three main courts i.e. Arthur Ashe, Louis Armstrong and Grandstand.

On the other courts there seems to be no live commentary, just the actual sound you will hear from the players, umpire and crowd.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Now-customer 

On my Fire Stick and Chromecast 4K Google TV (only two devices I have used today).

It's seems the commentary for the Bonus Streams are only available for the three main courts i.e. Arthur Ashe, Louis Armstrong and Grandstand.

On the other courts there seems to be no live commentary, just the actual sound you will hear from the players, umpire and crowd.

There also seems to be commentary on Court 17.

Assuming the commentary is only available for the larger crowd capacity courts from what I have watched on Bonus Streams so far today.

MG
Observer

Thank you so very much. Found all the courts way down after scrolling through everything. Would never have found it but for your wonderful advice. Thank you.

staylor
Mentor

I believe bonus channels only show live tennis anyway.  Please correct me if I’m wrong.  In UK, need to be able to see on catch up unless you can sit up all night watching, which I can’t. Can only watch 2 matches on catch up.  Also, just tried to watch Medvedev on one of the bonus channels.  They were into the 5th game before it became available.  I don’t know how they think this is a service at all.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @staylor 

Yes Bonus Streams are live feeds that you can only watch in real time (no pausing or rewinding to the start) from supported Bonus Streams playback devices.

Can't really comment on the NOW catch up service because tennis on NOW catch up is new.

What I can say from watching other NOW Sports on catch up is that it takes NOW sometimes more than 24 hours for content to get added to their catch up service and the content only stays on their service for 7 days on certain sports events.

I have hope for the main matches that was aired on Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Tennis channels from the main live feeds to be added onto the catchup service, but not that confident at the moment about the Bonus Streams matches on the smaller capacity courts.

I suppose, we will have more of an idea in the next coming hours about NOW tennis catch up content that will be shown on their service.

Dudelsac
Mentor

The bonus streams appear early in the day (UK time) but when play starts they have all disappeared