cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianBrad
Mentor

Super Rugby Pacific

Hi. I have the Sports membership plan primarily for the Super Rugby Pacific (Aus/NZ).  I'd like to find out if NOW a) show all the games live, b) if NOW store all the games for catch up viewing and c) if they do store all the games, then how long for?  Can anyone answer these questions please? I'm asking the community because there seems to be no way to contact NOW directly (the Chat window has kept me waiting for ages and I suspect it doesn't actually want to Chat  🙂 .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JulianBrad 

Games can be watched live or are normally added to catch up within 24 hours.

On catch up they are the full match, but if you have Boost Membership the catch up games are 1080p but only at 25fps playback rather than 50fps when watching live with the additional Boost Membership should you have a 50fps NOW supported playback device.

They will be available on catch up for 7 days then removed from the NOW service.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JulianBrad 

Games can be watched live or are normally added to catch up within 24 hours.

On catch up they are the full match, but if you have Boost Membership the catch up games are 1080p but only at 25fps playback rather than 50fps when watching live with the additional Boost Membership should you have a 50fps NOW supported playback device.

They will be available on catch up for 7 days then removed from the NOW service.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JulianBrad 

All live games should be available to watch live.

Normally NOW also have all games on catch up for 7 days.

For some reason from Round 1 last week five matches was on catch up, but for some reason NOW didn't have the Queensland v Warathas game on their catch up service (assuming there was some sort of tech problem at NOW's end).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JulianBrad 

Just checking the NOW catch up from Round 2 (this week) and the first game between The Highlander's v The Blues (first match of Round 2) is missing from the NOW catch up service.

The second game of Round 2 between the Rebels v the Force is already available on catch up on the NOW service.

I would expect the two games from earlier this morning will be added later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Where the remaining two games to be played this Sunday to be added Sunday evening or early on Monday morning if nothing goes wrong NOW end.

JulianBrad
Mentor

@schnappsThanks for your replies and info. I see that the Highlanders/Blues game still isn't available. I noticed last season that not all games were available on catch up but I hadn't got a definitive answer from NOW as to whether all games should be available every week. I'm not convinced but at least I still get to see some. Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JulianBrad 

All Super Rugby games should be on catch up within a 24 hour period when aired live, but sometimes NOW seems to have problems adding all of them onto their catch up service which is annoying.

Two more games from Round 2 was added late last night / this morning on the catch up service where you have 7 days to watch them before they expire.

I managed myself to watch The Highlander's v The Blues game live on Friday.

@Simon-J  please can you contact your relevant NOW Team about the missing Highlander's v Blues from Round 2.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J 

Whilst chasing the NOW Content Team with regards to the above.

I have also noticed that Round 2 The Crusaders v The Warathas is also missing which was played on Saturday morning (seen the game live myself) but others might be looking for it on catchup.

Dennis13
Scholar

@schnapps 

@schnapps yes that is the only one i have not seen

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dennis13 

You will have to chase up NOW for the missing round 2 Crusaders v Warathas.

It's available on Sky on Demand, but for some reason NOW haven't added this match or the round 2 Highlander's v Blues onto their NOW Sports catch up service.

I managed to watch both games live myself, but wouldn't mind watching them again on NOW catch up before the 7 day expiry date is up.

JulianBrad
Mentor

@Simon-J I just tried to call them but was cut off - see my reply to shnapps below.