cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claire
Mentor

Larry david : Curb your enthousiasm - NO SOUND after 30min

Hi,

the mockumentary "Larry david : Curb your enthousiasm" has no sound after ~30min 

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/home/asset/larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm-1999/A5EK6949itCUhtZ3bB4z...

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam can you investigate the above.

@Claire can you confirm back what NOW playback device or devices you have tried regarding your above post.

Claire
Mentor

@schnapps thanks for checking

I'm trying to play the content on a sony bravia smart TV. Weirdly the first 25min works and suddenly the sound stops working. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Claire 

I just done a quick test from 30mins onwards for a duration of around 5 minutes using the NOW App on my Android Tablet in the UK and the sound was working fine for me my end.

I haven't got access to any other playback devices at the moment to check them out also.

Still post back your playback devices you have tried for this show with the lack of no sound after 30minutes, so the @ContentTeam can look into it for you.

Claire
Mentor

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Claire 

I also checked this on my Amazon Fire Stick NOW App and again for me around 30 minutes there is no sound problems.

Might be related to the Sony Smart TV NOW App (assuming you are a UK customer and not a Republic of Ireland customer that may run off different NOW servers).

You could try unplugging the power to the Sony Smart TV for around 2 minutes or clearing cache and cookies in the Android TV settings, though I doubt this will help (no harm trying if you haven't got another method to watch the remaining time left on this TV programme).

Perhaps another Forum member who owns a Sony Smart TV can check this and report back here.

Claire
Mentor

Hi @schnapps ! I've just tried to unplug the tv but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.
I don't have another way of watching this programme

thanks for the suggestion

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Claire and also @schnapps FYI

So I too have a Sony Bravia YouView TV. 
Over the past week or so the app has been extremely temperamental. More often than not the content doesn’t play straightaway 😠

End up having to restart the TV by holding the standby button for a few seconds still I see cancel or restart. This allows a clean power down of the TV. 
Most of the time it gets the app working again. We had a nightmare and a half just to start watching Minions Rise of Cru! 

What about using your phone to start the content and then cast it to the TV? 

Otherwise perhaps report directly with staff either on live chat or email support?
Live chat can be accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email support will allow you to send pictures/videos. See below picture for the email address.

A03C13D4-7A50-4FE4-AD95-996F011A509A.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Claire
Mentor

Hi @gavs82008 and @schnapps 

I've tried again playing the content the morning and it worked!!! 
Looks like it's temperamental indeed. Next time it happens, I'll try turning it off and on again 😉

thanks for your time on this!