cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terpsichore
Mentor

How to watch Stevenson vs Los Santos

I've been going round in circles trying to find how to watch a boxing match, Shakur Stevenson vs de Los Santos, supposedly on at 1.30 a.m tomorrow. The main Sky Sports page has nothing on it, except "More events coming soon" (it doesn't tell you what those events are). The Now site doesn't list it anywhere. Where do I go to watch this event with a day pass?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

Because NOW only show the now and next on their TV Guide you won't see it there at the moment.

From the TV Guide, if using something like a PC or Mac, once you get to the TV Guide you need to click on the TV shows to change to Sports from the drop down menu.

I took the screenshot from the Sky Plus App on my phone, but the fight will definitely be there under the live Sky Sports Arena channel when it gets closer to the fight time of 1.30am.

Make sure you can access the NOW TV Guide on your playback device.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

It's on Sky Sports Arena according to this screen shot below.

When you get closer to the time, go to the NOW TV Guide or select Sports, then go to the live Sky Sports channels and select live Sky Sports Arena.

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-15-52.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

There is also some pre fight build up around the fight starting around 11pm tonight.

If you go to the NOW TV Guide on your playback device it should be there under Sky Sports Arena live channel.

Terpsichore
Mentor

Saw the build up listed, but that isn't the fight.

The Now TV Guide lists the following: Sky Showcase, Sky Atlantic, Sky Max, Sky Witness, Alibi, Gold, Sky Comedy, Comedy Central, MTV, Sky Documentaries, Sky Crime, Sky Nature, Sky History, Sky Sci-Fi, Sky News, NBC, Sky Arts

Not a sign of Sky Sports Arena.

Where did you get that screenshot?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

Because NOW only show the now and next on their TV Guide you won't see it there at the moment.

From the TV Guide, if using something like a PC or Mac, once you get to the TV Guide you need to click on the TV shows to change to Sports from the drop down menu.

I took the screenshot from the Sky Plus App on my phone, but the fight will definitely be there under the live Sky Sports Arena channel when it gets closer to the fight time of 1.30am.

Make sure you can access the NOW TV Guide on your playback device.

Terpsichore
Mentor

Right, I'll just have to hope it appears. Thanks.

Essexbhoy
Advocate

Thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

What playback device are you using? 

If using something like a PC with an internet browser on the NOW website.

Then you need to click on the TV Guide and then when the TV Shows now and next TV Guide appears on screen, click on the TV Shows top left of screen, then from the drop down box select Sport, then navigate down the Sports now and next TV Guide to reach the live Sky Sports Arena channel where the fight is on at 1.30am.

See if these screen shots help (assuming you are using a PC or Mac).

Currently live Gand Slam Darts is currently on the Sky Sports Arena channel to watch live.

Screenshot_20231116-212212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231116-212237_Samsung Internet.jpg

Terpsichore
Mentor

Right, thanks. I've followed those steps. I'll just stay there until the event appears. I assume when I click on it, it will lead me somewhere to buy a day pass to watch it.

Just a thought: I'm wondering what percentage of people never get this far. At some point in their fruitless search they just say to themselves, "It'll be on Youtube for free 2-3 days from now, so I'll save my money". I wonder how much business Sky are costing themselves by making things impossible to find except by going on community boards and asking.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terpsichore 

I am assuming you are using a PC or Mac, where finding the live TV Guide on the NOW website with a internet browser is a little more tricky to find compared to using the dedicated NOW App on various TV streaming devices.

You can buy the Day Sports Membership now if you wish or wait closer to when you see the fight on the Sports TV Guide screen section.

If it was me I would purchase the Day Membership (assuming it's the Day Sports Pass you are going to buy) from the NOW website offers page.

Where currently you get 9 months free Mobile Sports Membership with a Day Sports Pass.

Though please note that the Mobile Sports Membership 9 month freebie takes 10 working days to be automatically added to your account and is limited to watching on a smartphone where you only have access to five live Sky Sports channels.

Have a look at this for further information.

Screenshot_20231116-215653_Samsung Internet.jpg