cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slumberjack
Advocate

Extremely lore volume on The Lost King using Apple TV

Tried to watch The List King via my Apple TV last night and the extremely low volume level made it unwatchable. Even maxing the volume on my receiver made it far too quiet to hear. Other movies and TV shows play fine. 

Using a Roku out was possible to increase the volume enough to watch. 

Any idea why this happened?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Slumberjack 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Do a reset to both the Apple TV and your router?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Slumberjack 

Successfully reproduced on my LG 43 Nano, playing from Now on my Apple TV box.

Also reproduced on the Now app direct on the TV.

Also reproduced on the Now app on the attached Roku Express 4K and likewise found to be louder, but needing volume 60 when everything else plays 14 - 22 is just ridiculous.

Same on the LG GX, though no AppleTV box on this one; too quiet on Now on the TV, OK if you double the volume on the attached Roku Express 4K.

Throughout comparing with White Lotus S2E4 for level.

And I won’t be doing no steenkin’ reboots or reloads, when it’s clearly a Now issue with this one particular movie 🤢🤮

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Slumberjack
Advocate

@RoyB 

Thanks for the work confirming the issue.

I was sure it was a NOW issue given the difference between other Movies and TV series on the same app. 

My Apple TV is new so the app has only been installed for a few days and it's not a network related issue.  It is odd that Roku can generate enough volume without going to ridiculus levels whereas Apple couldn't.

Might just be one of these things that never get resolved.  I've cancelled my Cinema membership for the moment as even when there's a movie I want to watch the 5.1 sound is disapointing compared to other streaming services.