cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDK
Mentor

BBL Coverage stopped

Was enjoying this mornings BBL match between Sydney Thunder and Adelaide Strikers, when Sky switched away to an ODI match using two channels with the IPL auction on a third! Really puzzling decision why only show the first sixty percent of a match ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDK 

When there is an overlap on the Sky Sports schedule, Sky will usually transfer the event either onto Sky Sports Mix or the red button Sports service (NOW Bonus Streams).

Looks like the match is now available on NOW Bonus Streams.

Though the Bonus Stream thumbnail seems to be corrupted for me and is giving me an error code on my Amazon Fire Stick.

Another problem when the event gets moved across to NOW Bonus Streams is that not all playback devices are supported (which NOW need to seriously look at) plus the stream is 25fps even with a Boost Membership.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDK 

When there is an overlap on the Sky Sports schedule, Sky will usually transfer the event either onto Sky Sports Mix or the red button Sports service (NOW Bonus Streams).

Looks like the match is now available on NOW Bonus Streams.

Though the Bonus Stream thumbnail seems to be corrupted for me and is giving me an error code on my Amazon Fire Stick.

Another problem when the event gets moved across to NOW Bonus Streams is that not all playback devices are supported (which NOW need to seriously look at) plus the stream is 25fps even with a Boost Membership.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Forgot to also add above that a Day Sports Pass or Mobile Sports  Membership doesn't cover NOW Bonus Streams if Sky decide to move a match over to their red button service mid way through a live broadcast.

CDK
Mentor

It is annoying, all 3 channels covering cricket are currently showing pre match chat and very old highlights, when a live BBL match is playing that they have shown the first 5 overs of the second innings and then switched away. I notice a few more BBL matches are on before ODI's, etc so is it worth watching them if Sky are only showing part of the match ? Now following the match on a live text site!!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDK 

NOW have no control of the live TV schedule.

Best bet to submit an email complaint to Sky using the email address in this screenshot below about your annoyance with regards to the Sky TV scheduling.

Screenshot_20231219-110401_Samsung Internet.jpg

CDK
Mentor

Thanks schnapps, helpful information, will follow your advice and complain to Sky. Couldn't get the bonus channels on either my PC or my samsung galaxy, found them though on both my samsung smart tv and my google 4k tv, but both of these errored with the ovp_00021 content request not recognized, plus the game is now 4 balls from finishing!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CDK 

Very annoyingly the bonus streams are not supported on PC and mobile/tablets 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDK 

That's the same error code I am seeing on my Amazon Fire Stick when attempting to open the match on Bonus Stream.

Looks like it's corrupted somehow.

Unfortunately Bonus Streams are not supported on PC, Mac, phones or tablets, where NOW really needs to get these devices added to their Bonus Streams service.

Also maybe put in a complaint to NOW live chat and ask for some sort of credit for missing the end of the match because of the transfer onto Bonus Streams plus the Bonus Stream is not working.