cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Letterbox mode remover from ipad

I have now tv in letterbox mode when watching films how do I remove this, please.

2 REPLIES 2
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is this for everything you have watched on the iPad? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A lot of movies are shot in a widescreen letter box format, where other films are shot in other aspect ratios including 16.9 (It the choice of the film Director or the movie Studio on what aspect they choice and is unfortunately out of NowTV control).

NowTV will have no say or have no influence on the matter, using Disney Studio for example where "Tangled" is shot in 16.9 format and "The Good Dinosaur" is flimed in letter box widescreen format.

The majority of TV manufactures offer a Zoom button on the remote controller if owners wish to hide the top & bottom black bars, but the picture then looks stretched and un natural (personally i would avoid using the zoom feature and just enjoy the movie aspect format how the Director intended).

I don't own an iPad so i am not sure they have a picture setting option where you can zoom the movie out to hide the black bars.