cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do Films Have Expiration Date For Viewing ?

In my watchlist I have about 20 films to see. Would there be a note showing if a film was scheduled to be withdrawn ? I can vaguely remember in the past seeing a black box stating this film is no longer available without any warning being given, but I may be mixing this up with an entertainment pass program..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Yes, films have expiry dates.  Sadly, for some reason, they're not displayed - even when the films are expiring soon (unlike Entertainment content).

However, you can find expiry dates on this website from @Anonymous User: http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Yes, films have expiry dates.  Sadly, for some reason, they're not displayed - even when the films are expiring soon (unlike Entertainment content).

However, you can find expiry dates on this website from @Anonymous User: http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can also keep track of what is leaving by going into the nowtv app by going under movies--->collections---> leaving soon. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

I use http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

Thank you @Anonymous User sooo handy!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

One nice feature about the Continue Watching section (I'm quite a fan!) is that if you start watching a movie and don't finish it, the Continue Watching section will warn you if the movie is leaving soon by telling you how many days you have left to watch.

As mentioned it's a shame the information isn't also available in the main Movies section of the interface.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Wasn't aware in the Continue Watching section that if you watched a movie that was leaving soon it would show underneath the movie thumbnail how many days left, so thanks for the heads up on that.

Just went to the movies leaving soon section and used Fury as a test example and like you said it does show how many days left. Smiley Happy

Another quick question, when movies are initially transferred into the leaving soon section how many days are remaining before the film leaves the nowtv service, is it 30days, 21days, 14days, 7 days or another time scale figure ?  

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

I don't think there is a set period. The problem with the Leaving Soon section, like the other collections, is they are collated rather than generated automatically. As a result the Leaving a Soon section only contains a selection of the movies leaving soon, there,s a lot more not in there (as an example all the Harry Potter leave at the end of the week) so I don't really pay much attention to it.

I'd rather see a 30 day countdown next to the movie listings throughout the Movies section, but in the meantime it's good to see it appear in Continue Watching. I tend to watch a movie in one go but I suspect it will be useful for families with children where movies are stopped and started often.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Andy, again i didn't realize that not all the movies that are going soon from the nowtv service aren't automatically transferred into the "Leaving Soon" section. Smiley Sad

Yeah that's a great idea to tag the movies (similar to what nowtv do with the entertainment shows) with a 30 day countdown reminder clock next to the movie. Smiley Happy