cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam1968uk
Scholar 2

Re: Device Management with Chromecast

I see,so the device 'transmitting' to the chromecast doesn't have to be one of your 4! Just the chromecast.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
me075064
Mentor

In my experience it added my iPad as well using 2 slots 😞

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@me075064 the Chromecast is only one slot. What do you see in the My Devices section of My Account?

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

0 Thanks
knrp
Advocate

Hi as Chromecast and my phone will be classes as 2 devices eill this mean if I'm watching via chromecast thi will mean for my account noone else can view nowtv on their registered device at the same time as I

me075064
Mentor

Hi it alos added the iPad used to stream from 

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@knrp as the phone is no longer playing the content it shouldn't count as one of the two streams, however you might need to wait 10-15 minutes for it to forgot about the mobile. Should be an easy enough test though.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

me075064
Mentor

HI just to add a little more info.

I had 1 spare slot on my device list, the other 3 were taken by the now tv box and 2 smart TV's.

I want to stream from an ipad to the Chromcast in a bedroom.

I opened the now tv iOS app chose the film I wnated to watch and then went to select the Chromecast to stream to.

It said I couldn't stream to the Chromecast as I couldn't add anymore devices. The iPad has taken the final slot on my device list.

0 Thanks
Horaland
Scholar

how do youy get now tv on an Apple TV?

0 Thanks
DeeApples
Mentor

App,or airplay. Sports only ATM.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @me075064 , 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

You need 2 slots, a free slot for Chromecast and a free slot for the iOS or Android device. 

Please see this link here for more information on Chromecast Compatible Devices. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Tags (1)
0 Thanks