Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound but no picture

hi

hello

i'm having a weird problem with my iPad, Apple TV (3) and now tv, and I wondered if anyone might be able to help ?

i'm trying to watch now tv, by using the iPad app, bounced over to my apple Pvt. Using AirPlay. This used to work just fine up until maybe 3 weeks ago, but now I get sound through the to, but no picture, just a message saying that now tv doesn't work with mobile devices? 

As as I said, it used to work just fine...has something changed, or am I missing something obvious? Everything else, YouTube, Amazon etc works just fine.

thanks

simon

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you sure it worked before? In the last two years I've only seen people complain that AirPlay is not a feature. You need to use the NOW TV app on your Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm sure...mostly because I can't figure out how to get to through the now to app on the Apple TV,  it just offers movies....

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NOW TV only support AirPlay mirroring for sports passes, not for entertainment or movies. 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Airplay-Mirroring-Apple-iOS

However given that the iOS app streams in SD compared to the Apple TV app which streams in 720p (and a very good quality 720p stream at that), you'd be better using the dedicated app on the ATV as suggested above. You would also then be able to use the iPad to watch something else at the same time if you wanted (you can watch on up to 2 different devices at the same time with NOW TV).

The ATV app is a little feature-lite and clunky to be sure, but it does the job. You should see a menu bar at the top with Movies, Entertainment and Sport, use the up button on the remote to get there and then select the one you want. It's not a great app for browsing content in (there's no recently watched or watchlist facility for instance) so if I'm looking for something in particular I usually find it's quicker to use the search facility, or for entertainment go down to the Channels section and choose the channel the programme is on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give that a shot, thank you for the help 😊 X

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, let us know how you get on 🙂