cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv wont playback programmes on my hipstreet 3 flare android tablet

I am unable to watch programmes on my tablet as it says it has been modified it hasn't. I used live chat and was told it won't work because my device was not made in the uk. Yet your own help file only states android devices need to have been bought in the uk. Which I did is there ever any chance of being able to watch now TV on my device which has not been rooted.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User whilst you might not have rooted the device, those never heard the name before tablets often come with debugging tools left in the system partition which the NOW TV app will refuse to run when found. You might be able to use SuperSU to fully unroot but it's not guaranteed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I have checked with super Su my device is not rooted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Unfortunately, as you mentioned was discussed in your Live Chat, and as @Anonymous User described; NOW TV can have issues with tablets manufactured outside the UK.

NOW TV is available on 60+ devices here's a handy list.

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rob thanks for your reply but the android section is vague it mentions onlye should be bought in the that your device should be bought in the uk as mine was . I think that it should be made clear that android devices made out of the U.K. will not work. I have copied below the information available on the site 

You can watch NOW TV on most Android devices, just as long as they were bought in the UK and are in their original state.

If you’re having a few issues running the NOW TV app on your Android tablet or mobile, it could be because:

Your device has been modified or rooted – even if this was done by the manufacturer.
You bought your device outside of the UK.
It’s a Kindle Fire HD device.

If your device is supported:
To watch NOW TV in the best quality on your tablet or mobile, you’ll need:

Operating system: 4.0 or higher
Processor: 1.0 GHz or higher
Memory: 1GB RAM
Screen resolution: 480x800
Eye-tracking features: Should be disabled

Watching NOW TV on your Android tablet or mobile

1. Download the app
You'll need to download our app to watch NOW TV on your Android device:

Go to Google Play.
Search for the NOW TV UK app.
Install it.

2. Sign in

Already got a NOW TV account? - Simply open the app and sign in with your NOW TV username and password. Be sure to enter your password carefully - as it’s case sensitive.
Haven’t signed up to NOW TV? - If you don’t have a NOW TV account yet, set one up here.

3. Sit back and start watching
Find something to watch – whether it’s an epic blockbuster, an award-winning box set or a big match.

Can you watch NOW TV through a browser?
No. To watch NOW TV using a browser, you’ll need Microsoft Silverlight – which can only be installed on a laptop or PC. On an Android device, just download the app instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, we appreciate your feedback and can see the confusion from the site. I can pass this onto the team. Hope you're able to watch via another device. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team