NOW TV Essential Planned Works 21/02/2017 Affecting Broadband Click here for more info
Occasional Poster

Re: Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

@4268

You can only sideload one app if I am correct, and that is currently Plex (on my Now TV box). That is an old version (updated but still an old version). As far as I am aware you cannot get Amazon Prime Instant Videos from the Now TV/Roku store? I see that Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't have an app for Android TV either... meh!!!

Elite 3

@marky9074 Amazon is not on Now it is on Roku https://www.roku.com/en-gb/how-it-works

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

@4268Yeah, but the Now TV Box is a Roku box, but you cannot sideload more than on app (and I already have Plex installed) and the Amazon app is not available from the skinned Now TV interface. I know what you are saying - a stock Roku box will play it all, but I already have an Amazon Fire TV box & a Now TV box.

Elite 3

@marky9074 Plex is available on Amazon box. Then you could free up the slot on your Now box.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Occasional Poster

Thats true. I did brush the dust off my old Roku stick, and did wonder if that was the solution, but then I realised that there is no Kodi... At the moment I am using the Plex add-in inside Kodi (so only one app and not two). Has anyone seen the Roku Amazon Prime Instant Video file for Roku anyway (outside of the channel store). I would be intrigued if I could side load that onto the Now TV box...

Elite 4

Personally speaking....

Unless Android make it far more difficult to remove HDCP protection on (HDMI output connected) devices running their operating system, I can't see time when the NOW TV app will be supported....

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you!

NOW TV Box = Model no: Smart box | Software: 7.0 Build: 4221 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.15.3 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •