cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Armstrong

Move in a home with NOW device but previous tenant plan to cancel service

I have moved in a flat where there is NOW device/router. The broadband is still working. But this broadband belongs to the previous tenant and he plan to cancel it on 13 Sept 2023. I plan to order a new one for myself. But I find out the early date to install is 25 Sept. So, there is a gap of 2 weeks when my flat is out of internet. 

What should I do for it? Is it possible to request NOW to use the same device for my contract and avoid the time gap? But my contract is different from the previous tenant. 

By the way, I cannot find NOW contact number and email address on their website. If anyone could tell me, I really appreciate it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Armstrong 

The network Now use actually belongs to Openreach, so what you want to do is out of Now’s control.

Best make sure you have a suitable data plan on your mobile, and be ready to use it as a WiFi hot-spot in the intervening period.

You can contact Now by email at customerservices@ NowTV.com (omit the space that I put there to stop the Community software eating the email address).

Now are more than coy with their phone numbers, which are exclusively for broadband anyway, but here are a few candidates:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462 or 0330 332 3050, or maybe 0800 759 1213

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Armstrong 

The network Now use actually belongs to Openreach, so what you want to do is out of Now’s control.

Best make sure you have a suitable data plan on your mobile, and be ready to use it as a WiFi hot-spot in the intervening period.

You can contact Now by email at customerservices@ NowTV.com (omit the space that I put there to stop the Community software eating the email address).

Now are more than coy with their phone numbers, which are exclusively for broadband anyway, but here are a few candidates:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462 or 0330 332 3050, or maybe 0800 759 1213

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Armstrong

Thank you very much. RoyB