cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activating account

Hello , plz help I am trying to activate my account I have put my home details and card details in + voucher code & it's saying payment not accepted ?? Please can you tell me what I'm actually paying for & how much ? As I paid £39.99 for the now tv. With 5 months free movies
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst there will be no charges now, NowTV verify that the card you have added by making a small debit, which they then refund. If you have no credit on the card it will fail.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst there will be no charges now, NowTV verify that the card you have added by making a small debit, which they then refund. If you have no credit on the card it will fail.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you that's great plz can u tell me what the small debit is
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't work for them so can't be sure, but other companies I'm aware of try around £2.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think it is more like 20p and instantly refunded and won't even show as a tran
saction
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I Can't activate my box it will not accept my name or password
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User 

To reset your password GO HERE Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

HI @Anonymous User 

To reset your password GO HERE Smiley Happy

@Anonymous User  I take it you mean the Now TV box. because if your using the Apple TV box I have heard reports that only likes letters and numbers in passwords

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Did you make sure you fully set up your account on a desktop or laptop before trying to sign in on the box? If you haven't added a payment card to your account yet you won't be able to sign in, and will need to follow the steps in the following help article to complete the set up

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Complete-sign-up

(I'd suggest going for the free 30 day trial of movies, you can always cancel before the end of the trial if you don't want to continue)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently subscribed to NOW & my first debit has gone off, but I wanted the Winter Madness deal?? Please help ......   (I realise I might (and probably am) be posting in the wrong section ... )