cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do i do

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I just had £9.99 taken out of my bank account for a membership that I didn't sign up for or even know that was running. 

What can I do to get my money back?

I've just cancelled it, but the money has still been tooken out.

Please can somebody help me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Apt name; someone is using you as an ATM here 😛

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now when, as here, the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat; there’s no phone contact for streaming services, I’m afraid.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’, though, on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but if you are here, you have already gone beyond that.

Rather than chat to Now, you might prefer to email them, which you can do to

customerservices@ nowtv.com

(omit the space, needed here as the Community software ‘eats’ properly formed email addresses).

Some problems can be better expressed in an email, but it’s up to you.

As to what has possibly happened to you, and the remedies:-

‘My daughter/son/mother/father/brother/sister/flatmate/friend accidentally bought a pass on my account.’

You have to talk to Now to resolve this, but better to avoid it in the first place by setting a Payment PIN.

An unknown or unauthorised person is using my account’.

Or worse, has bought a membership on it, though a Payment PIN will stop that.

There are various circumstances ‘unknown’ can happen under; always, when disposing of a device, TV, stick, or what-have-you, make sure you are logged out of Now, and preferably Factory Reset it before disposal, so your account can’t be used by whoever has it next

‘Unauthorised’ is often an ex-partner who you don’t want to have access any more.

To solve either, you need to reset your password; but as this isn’t enough on its own, there is a step there to blow every device off your account (including all your own, unfortunately), so they can’t carry on using your account.

However, this doesn’t work properly at present, so you have to ask Now to do it for you. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the near future.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Put a payment PIN on your account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

Change your password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password

Go to live chat and request; removal of all devices and your refund.

Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Apt name; someone is using you as an ATM here 😛

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now when, as here, the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat; there’s no phone contact for streaming services, I’m afraid.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’, though, on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but if you are here, you have already gone beyond that.

Rather than chat to Now, you might prefer to email them, which you can do to

customerservices@ nowtv.com

(omit the space, needed here as the Community software ‘eats’ properly formed email addresses).

Some problems can be better expressed in an email, but it’s up to you.

As to what has possibly happened to you, and the remedies:-

‘My daughter/son/mother/father/brother/sister/flatmate/friend accidentally bought a pass on my account.’

You have to talk to Now to resolve this, but better to avoid it in the first place by setting a Payment PIN.

An unknown or unauthorised person is using my account’.

Or worse, has bought a membership on it, though a Payment PIN will stop that.

There are various circumstances ‘unknown’ can happen under; always, when disposing of a device, TV, stick, or what-have-you, make sure you are logged out of Now, and preferably Factory Reset it before disposal, so your account can’t be used by whoever has it next

‘Unauthorised’ is often an ex-partner who you don’t want to have access any more.

To solve either, you need to reset your password; but as this isn’t enough on its own, there is a step there to blow every device off your account (including all your own, unfortunately), so they can’t carry on using your account.

However, this doesn’t work properly at present, so you have to ask Now to do it for you. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the near future.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.