cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulCo
Mentor

TV Sports Account Not Working

I opted for Sky Streaming. Funds were taken in April. Today I was denied access.  Checking the billing, NOW claimed payment failed. Nothing to do with balances available. It seemed that they no longer had my card details, so I re-entered them.  How and where do I find whether my subscription is active? It certainly is not working at present. When I access my membership account it seems to list all available subscriptions NOW might sell me but not my active subscription.  Of course, contacting them is impossible.  

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PaulCo 

It is very possible that another account might have been created with the same payment details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Otherwise speak with staff via live chat, by clicking “chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
PaulCo
Mentor

Thanks.  Getting through to the chat line avoiding the bot allowed me to resolve the issue.  There was an error taking the card payment and the sports subscription was closed.  I was told I need re-apply for membership but I was able to successfully subscribe to the service from within my existing membership.  Thanks once again.

RoyB
Legend

@PaulCo 

You have been confused by Now’s terminology there 😢

What you are calling a membership is what Now call your account, and what you call a subscription is what Now call a membership.

Personally, I like Account and Subscription for the two things as likely to cause the least confusion, but it’s Now’s ball we are playing with, so only Now get to choose 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulCo
Mentor

Distinction noted and thanks. 

RMM71
Scholar 2

If you really opted for Sky Streaming then you need to use that service. NOW is nothing to do with Sky Streaming despite having the same parent Company.

If you actually had an active NOW Sports membership then that would have ended when payment failed. If you were on some deal that is better than currently on offer you will need to go on to Livechat to see if they can restart that membership on the same terms as before.