cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paying after contract ends

So I have decided to cancel my NOW broadband as I need to save some pennies. I have arranged a switch which is 4 days after my contract runs out. However I am still going to be charged full price plus more because it will have gone up by then. I was hoping to find an answer as to what I can do about this, if I could maybe cancel it sooner so I can avoid this bill or if I have suck it up and let NOW take my money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You have found somebody cheaper than Now?  Or maybe just cheaper than the full price Now will put you on.

But after you cease Now, they will refund you pro rata for the amount of the month you didn’t use, so you will be paying the extra for precisely four days. Or, if the switch is delayed, you will get enough compensation to defray it quite nicely.

Alternatively, you could cancel Now at contract end, go without internet for four days - or however long it is if there is a delay - or use some mobile data over your phone as a hotspot.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You have found somebody cheaper than Now?  Or maybe just cheaper than the full price Now will put you on.

But after you cease Now, they will refund you pro rata for the amount of the month you didn’t use, so you will be paying the extra for precisely four days. Or, if the switch is delayed, you will get enough compensation to defray it quite nicely.

Alternatively, you could cancel Now at contract end, go without internet for four days - or however long it is if there is a delay - or use some mobile data over your phone as a hotspot.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your response Roy, this answered everything! I found myself going round and round in circles looking for an answer on their website!