cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money being taken out of Paypal

I tried to sign up for NOW TV for one month to try it - there is a series we want to watch.  It took forever to do as the site just kept freezing.  Anyway, I wanted to try the Entertainment Package.

I have just checked my Paypal account to see why there is more money coming out of my account than I'd expected and there are three amounts that have been taken to Sky UK Limited 2 x £9.99 and 1 x £6.00.

I am aware this is NOW but don't know how to get this rectified with them to remove the charges as from what I can see they have charged me for films and entertainment and maybe also the boost, which I didn't want.  Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

There’s some interesting stuff going on behind the scenes at Now.

Select your link above, but step back a page to the earlier choices about why you are contacting Now (2. Pick a Topic). Now choose Request a Refund.

Whoa - what just happened? No path to Get in Touch, let alone Live Chat. Just the Nowbot, grinning, waiting to welcome streaming refund issues into its maw.

Where you can chat to the bot about a refund, perhaps after reading about Our Refunds Policy, now authoritatively documented there, or you can Sign In, Go to Community, or Get in Touch - which now really does send you round in circles, as it take you back to Step 1, where you have been before.

And so the ‘bot gets two bites at the cherry, Get Help Quicker is floating around also 😊

But let’s say you’ve read the refunds policy, and you engage with the ‘bot, perhaps with @Eddie-Headbutt‘s refund situation in mind.

So you have a nice chat, and it lays out your options - which don’t include Eddie’s situation, perhaps because Now know that it won’t arise any more with the new confirmation presentation (he says, charitably) - and you get to the point where it asks you if you are OK with what it is saying, and you say No.

At which point - tada! - it connected me to a human agent on Live Chat. So, full marks, Nowbot, and once I explained to the nice lady that I was just a Community responder trying out the new arrangement, and signed off, all was well.

Are there any more surprises behind some of the other doors on Page 2? I’ll leave it to others to find out 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.