cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stumic
Mentor

Compensation question

Hi,

I joined Now TV in June this year but due to issue after issue and email after email apologising about still working on getting my broadband/phone line up and running, i was given the auto compensation for 79 days without phoneline etc. 

The compensation is in my account as credit on my account. I phoned up and asked if the money could be transferred to my bank account but was told this is not allowed. The conversation was quite difficult to be honest and not sure if there was total understanding on both sides so I gave up. I dont want to cancel my contract but feel that I should have the option of how the compensation is paid. Anyone else had any issues with this?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stumic
Mentor

Actually just sorted it. Spoke on phone again and very helpful lady has transferred the money to my bank. Thanks a lot for replies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stumic 

Have a nosy at this link. The first drop down for FAQ should explain it for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Stumic
Mentor

Thanks a lot for reply. Yeah I had seen that but was hoping that they might change their stance rather than lose a customer. I cant see why it would matter to Now TV how the compensation was paid. So basically to get the money paid, I would need to cancel my service and would receive the refund via bank or cheque?

RoyB
Legend

@Stumic 

No, Now would apply it to the Early Termination Charge and then come after you for the rest of it 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Stumic
Mentor

Actually just sorted it. Spoke on phone again and very helpful lady has transferred the money to my bank. Thanks a lot for replies.