cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hh
Advocate

Bill enquiry

Hi, my monthly bill has gone from£24,00 to £46.50. I had no notification about anybody know whats going on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hh 

Sounds like you was coming out of a 12 month discounted contract.

Under My Account > Broadband & Calls > My Messages whilst logged into your NOW online account see if there was an correspondence sent that may have ended up in your email Spam folder.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hh 

Sounds like you was coming out of a 12 month discounted contract.

Under My Account > Broadband & Calls > My Messages whilst logged into your NOW online account see if there was an correspondence sent that may have ended up in your email Spam folder.

jeffrey
Advocate

@schnapps yes but  £20 a month is on top of my bill is not on i cannot afford this  i am 80 year old  

RoyB
Legend

@jeffrey 

In that case, I know where you can get a cheaper haircut, but Now does not give discounts to OAPs 😢

Do what @schnapps says, and haggle with Now, if you want to stay with them.

Otherwise, USwitch is your friend, where you will find many more competitive deals.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
alanjam2
Advocate

@hh Same here. Just noticed my bill increased from 23.50 to 46.50 from end of March.

Searched through my emails and found an out-of-contract email end of January. That email is the most badly worded and confusing email I've ever come across.

Under a large headed saying 'What are my choices' the first two lines are:

Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £23.50 a month.
Or
Pick from one of the packages available to you below.

Obviously, I chose to 'do nothing' and stay on my current contract, but it turns out that all the extras I had (line rental, anytime calls, etc) are no longer included and those are charged extra - bumping my bill up to 46.50. A call to customer services was a waste of time. Best they could do was around 33GBP a month but if I accepted that I'd be tied into another 12 month fixed. I'm now going to switch providers.

RoyB
Legend

@alanjam2 

Yes, there are more than a few threads commenting on this impossibly badly worded email 😢

Maybe Now should sack a few professionals and employ some of the amateurs who keep this Community alive 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
hh
Advocate

Thanks guys, now I am looking to switch this is getting too expensive.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hh 

Did you manage to find the email in question from Sky / NOW ?

If so did you phone the NOW Broadband Team to see if they could offer you a better deal?

The email that I was sent said that I had to phone them to avoid my price going up to around roughly £38 per month on Super Fibre with Pay has you go Calls.

The email offer price was roughly £25.50 per month from memory but managed to haggle the price down to £24 per month over the phone.

If you have Anytime calls package then the price might well be higher than the £24 per month you was previously on.

Or like you said look at alternative ISP deals other than NOW.