cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam25

24 Hour Sports

I signed up for 24 hour sports membership and now I'm trying to cancel as I'm sure I read somewhere about £6 a month afterwards but can't see anywhere to cancel? Anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Sam25 

A NOW Day Sports Pass once used doesn't auto renew like the Months Sports Membership hence no cancel button under your online NOW account.

Usually the Day Sports Pass doesn't come with a 7 day free Boost trial (again normally tied to a Months Sports offer).

However to be on the safe side go into your online account where you purchased the Day Sports Pass and see if there is a Boost Membership (go to My Account, Manage My Account, My Membership) to see if any active Boost Membership is running at £6 per month until cancelled.

Also go to My Payments section on your NOW online account to double check it's the correct account with the 24 hours Day Pass showing and no future Boost Payment.

Sam25
Hi, thank you for the fast reply. It is giving me the option to choose
Boost at £6 a month, does this mean that i should be ok as it doesn't seem
to be selected?
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sam25 

To add with what @schnapps has said, I would strongly recommend to get boost for watching sports if you have the relevant device(s) to support the 50fps, 1080p and 5.1 sound features.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Sam25 

More information about Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

If it's asking you to purchase Boost under My Membership then you currently have no Boost Membership running on your account.

RoyB
Legend

@Sam25 

You only bought a Day Pass, and though you can have Boost with it, the Boost will last for a month.

Though it will expire then, and not renew, if you don’t have any other memberships running on the Boost renewal date, and so there is nothing for it to boost.

However, before taking Boost, if you do, ensure that you will be watching your Day Pass on a device that can take full advantage of Boost, as not all devices can:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.