Elite 5

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10, Now TV won't play video in IE (T6036) or App (Somethings not right)

silvatek wrote:

I get that error in the browser (firefox). So I installed Silverlight again and it tells me there's a problem with my graphics card. There's a link under the phrase "graphics card" so I click that and it takes me to a HTTP 404 Not Found page. Nice work NowTV.

The app still just refuses to play any video. I've given up on that.

Hi @silvatek

Just to check. Is it a desktop PC or laptop you're using?  If you're using a desktop PC and you're trying to use the Windows app you cannot use VGA as your display interface. As VGA does not support HDCP you need to be using DVI, HDMI or display port (includes mini display port) . The app requires HDCP compliance to play content. Content can only be output to one screen at a time. So if you have a multi-monitor setup you will need to take that into consideration. 

You can use the Windows app with any laptop that is quoted as having HD display.

If I remember correctly. Silverlight isn't too fond of multi-monitor setups either.

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution. Thanks

Click here to go to nowTVs main YouTube channel
Click here to go to the nowTV help YouTube channel
Occasional Poster

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10, Now TV won't play video in IE (T6036) or App (Somethings not right)

[ Edited ]

Have you tried what I posted last year?

I managed to fix this issue for myself sometime ago by installing the Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10.

You might want to try the below link to ensure that it is installed;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Occasional Poster

T6036 Error Code

Had this error code come up when trying to watch NowTV on my Windows 10 laptop (using the website), which signifies a graphics card error - my graphics card driver is completely up-to-date and I even deleted and re-installed Silverlight to no avail. I've tried using the app too and that doesn't work either, giving me the message 'the video failed to play' but with no error code.

Can anyone shed some light on what the error with my graphics card may be? Or why the app isn't working either?

Thanks in advance.

NOW TV Team

Re: T6036 Error Code

EmCos wrote:

Had this error code come up when trying to watch NowTV on my Windows 10 laptop (using the website), which signifies a graphics card error - my graphics card driver is completely up-to-date and I even deleted and re-installed Silverlight to no avail. I've tried using the app too and that doesn't work either, giving me the message 'the video failed to play' but with no error code.

Can anyone shed some light on what the error with my graphics card may be? Or why the app isn't working either?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @EmCos I too have had this same problem and there is very little know about fixing this. I gave up in the end but today we can try and find out the cause and solution together. My thinking is it could be audio related.  Sometimes there can be a glitch with the actual screen on your latop not being HDCP compliant (security feature for watching licensed contnet) I'll take some time after my break to have a look at this issue in depth. 

Occasional Poster

Let me know what you find; I've been trying to watch it on a TV too via my laptop, to no avail. It works on my phone as the iOS app is sound, but I'll be cancelling my membership if this isn't sorted as a phone screen hardly results in the best viewing experience! Hope you can help

Highlighted
Champion 2

Hi @EmCos,

Given that you have Windows 10 installed on your computer, the most future-proof way to view the NOW TV service is by installing the NOW TV Windows app. As it does not require a web browser or Silverlight plug-in.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Black box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4102-10 | NOW TV app: 3.12.129 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.24.1 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

As mentioned, I have tried using the app too but just receive a non-specific error message, so unsure why this doesn't work
First Poster

Re: (T6036) - Graphics card driver issues

I'm having the same problem. Please could you email me?
First Poster

Re: (T6036) - Graphics card driver issues

I am experiencing the same since updating to the latest Windows 10 build.

All drivers are up to date. Silverlight installed.

Tried on IE, Firefox and using the NowTV app. None work.

Please advise.

Occasional Poster

Can't watch on Laptop or XBox

Hi,

SIgned up tonight as I had a voucher code for a trial.

I tried to watch something on the XBox 360, but it crashed the whole console after 2 seconds.

Now I've tried to watch it on the laptop (Windows 10 - i7 12GB Ram 64-bit) through Internet Explorer AND the Windows App.

I have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card, cleared all browser cookies/cache.

On IE, I get this:

(T6036) - Sorry, you'll need to fix an issue with your graphics card driver before you can watch NOW TV.

On the App, I get:

Something's not right. Please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help. (c0262500)

Not a great start?

PS - I've just downloaded the iPhone app and it works fine. But we're not all huddling round that to watch it, thanks Smiley Happy