cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Management Hell - PC Reformatting And HDD To SSD Upgrading

People today will often reformat their operating systems today for one reason or another and increasingly will upgrade from HDD drives to SSD drives. This is a major problem for the "Manage Device Option" as you can only change one device a month even though it is the SAME device that is listed ALREADY!!!!!! If you have to upgrade or reformat more than one device you will potentially have to wait months to get the ALREADY LISTED devices back online again. This is a ridiculous position to be put in and requires a better device identification system putting in place rather than the current one which is clearly flawed.

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

No you don't have to wait months.  You simply go on to chat and explain the situation and they enable the change for you.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, I was aware that this is a remedy and used it under the SkyGo era however it was a somewhat drawn out process at the time being passed from one person to another like a minor police investigation before it was resolved and on another occasion told to wait the designated period!!!!! I have not tried it under the NowTV regime, and still feel with modern technology that this can be resolved with a more automated user friendly approach.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

....I have not tried it under the NowTV regime, and still feel with modern technology that this can be resolved with a more automated user friendly approach.

I guess it depends who you get to communicate with on the day.

Sufficed to say NOW TV are under no obligation to reset your device limits as their device limits policy is very clear. They do it out of courtesy!

Cheers