cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willwc
Occasional Poster

Re: sky sports mix

It is quite damgaging to the customer experience that sky sports mix is not on nowtv

Highlighted
Ian771
Contributor 4

Re: New Sky sports channel

Thanks Eddie. I know it is a guide. But how can we find out how and why it was changed?

In its place is a documentary on the 1988 Olympic games!  

Just does not make any sense to broadcast c99% of the matches on Sky Sports 1 to​ 5 and then move the FINAL to Mix so Now TV customers cannot see it?

I have no idea how many customers buy weekly passes for the ATP tour but this will do Now TV no favours.

I for one will not be back and will be complaining.

Thanks

Ian

Eddie-M
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Completely understand @Ian771

I have raised this to our Content Team also to find out the reasons for this and to find out if there is any plans at all to bring the Mix channel to Now TV.

Cheers

Mikeysteam
Contributor 2

New sports channels mean you will miss sports on NOWTV sky sports pass

There is now another new Sky Sports channel "The Players" which alongside "Sky Sports Mix" has been started to take out exclusive games (the finals of the IPL cricket, live European Tour Golf) so that they are not available to NOWTV Sky Sports subscribers.

Sky Sports Pass on NOW TV is a con.

0 Thanks
Mikeysteam
Contributor 2

Ian77 - there is now yet another channel called "Sky Sports - the players" (launched May 8th) which will be showing the finals of the IPL. See the tv guide, currently Saturday 20th the semi finals only on "the players".

Presumably yet another channel not included in the 'all Sky Sports channels' NOW TV passes.

0 Thanks
Ian771
Contributor 4

Hi Eddie-M

Thanks for your message yesterday:

"To email us you would need to log in to your account go to the Contact us section and click on Send Message"

I must be thick - but then I go to that section, there is no "Send Message" option?  Am I looking on the right place?

Btw - Last night, half way throught the second semifinal at 10:30pm, the transmission moved to Sky Sport Mix so I did not see the end of the match. 

I was going to buy another pass for the Rome Masters (starts tomorrow) - but I cannot be bothered now.  I don't trust your scheduling.  

Thanks

Ian

Ian771
Contributor 4

Thanks for the tip Mikeysteam, but I don't watch the IPL.

Plus, I am now done with Sky / Now TV.  Sky Sports Mix is now a swear word in my house.

0 Thanks
Ian771
Contributor 4

Hi Eddie-M

Please ignore my last message - I finally found a way to get to "live chat".

I was offered a full £10.99 refund or another weekly pass. 

I took the money!

Thanks again for your help.

If those marketing guys in Sky think that Sport Mix will get Now TV customers to move to full Sky, I think they dropped the ball!

Bye

Ian

vc13
Regular 5

@Mikeysteam wrote:

Ian77 - there is now yet another channel called "Sky Sports - the players" (launched May 8th) which will be showing the finals of the IPL. See the tv guide, currently Saturday 20th the semi finals only on "the players".

Presumably yet another channel not included in the 'all Sky Sports channels' NOW TV passes.

Sky Sports The Players is Sky Sports 4 and available.

0 Thanks
vc13
Regular 5

@Ian771 wrote:

Who wants to watch '25 episodes' only to find out that the grand finale episode 26 is not available.

Sadly it is a fact of life with Sky/Now.  Watch something like The Walking Dead or the tennis and they take it off with no notice just are you are going to watch the final.  Not even an as live re-run just highlights at 1am...

0 Thanks