cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Utterly Woeful Now TV Player Performance

I have just tried to watch the Arsenal Liverpool game. I was absolutely baffled as to how shockingly bad the streaming quality was given the resources at Sky's command. The picture was lagging, dropping out and jerking the whole way through the game and I have to say that I could have (and have in the past) watched better pictures from questionable sources. I actually spent more time restarting my machine and restarting the player, as well as clearing the DNS resolver cache than I did watching the game I had paid for.

In short, pirate sites have outperformed Sky. I am appalled at the utterly awful performance of your player on my machine which by the way is of more than adequate spec, and is complemented by a super fast broadband line which I know is more than meaty enough to handle a live stream. 

The fact I had to pay for it sticks in my throat, and if this is the standard set by Sky, I will not be subscribing again. Please sort this out.

Also, refund the £6.99 please. I didn't receive the service proferred on your website.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can relate to the above. At best the Sky Stream was below average and usually poor and stopping/starting all the time. 

I access via a Roku 3 which works absolutely fine with all other sources so it is not the roku or the internet conection. 

The Sky adverts play absolutely fine as well so it appears to be just the game/live feeds that are way below par. I will also be looking for a refund for the monthly pass I purchased for the holidays.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The last straw was in October when I tried to watch the Man Utd v Liverpool match and for the 5th or 6th time the quality was woeful. It’s got worse since the new app. Just checked in here to see if the problem was sorted, but evidently not. I’m not wasting another penny on this service until it’s sorted out. This is the only way to get NowTV to get their act together. If people keep leaving in droves and they lose out on their bottom line (££££££££) maybe, just maybe, some idiot there will realise that they have to do something. Anything.