cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Still no Sports "Red Button"

Well I am glad that Now Tv has gotten the updated sports channels. However I am still extremely hacked off that we are not getting access to the "Red Button".
This has and will continue to make me miss so many of the La Liga games because of the games only being on the "Red Button" feature. I have bought a 3 month discounted month pass which at this rate will be a waste of my money! It baffles me how we do not get access to the "Red Button" feature
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 I suspect in part it is because most Now devices don't have red button functionality. It's not a channel set. You have to go on to the channel then press the red button watching via a Sky box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
stammie1609
Expert

Now TV's sports service is pretty archaic compared to every other sports OTT service I use.

It is the most expensive which would lead one to think it would be a state of the art service but it is very far from that.

Every other service I use (Eurosport, BT Sports, NFL Game Pass and ESPN College Pass to name a few)  offer all their content available as a live stream on their OTT service when the event is on, there's nothing stopping Sky/Now TV offering additional "watch now" streams when red button content is live but they are sticking rigidly to only offering content on the main sports channels.

As it took them 9 months to address the picture freezing issue I expect maybe in 9 years time whoever is responsible for running this service might have got round to catching up with the norm of 2017 (assuming they've hung onto their rights in that time and the big web companies haven't snatched them)!