Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sportwatcher
Mentor

Re: NOW TV SPORTS F1 PASS 9 MONTHS £150

All sorted via live chat- thanks 

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

starman73
Expert 3

Works with an active pass with less than a month to run...

Grab your offer
Enjoy 9 months of Sky Sports for £150 with our Formula 1 season Pass, saving over 50%

Sky Sports Month Pass
After your offer ends, your Sky Sports Month Pass Pass will roll on at the regular price of £33.99 a month. Or cancel anytime.

Offer starts on:03 Apr 2018

Offer ends on:03 Jan 2019

Next payment date:03 Jan 2019

What you'll pay then:£33.99

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
stammie1609
Expert

I'd really like to buy this offer but I can't as I'm already on an offer.

The irony of this is that the offer I'm on is a thank you from @Karl-F for participating and helping Now TV diagnose the picture freezing issue.

After jumping through many hoops with Now TV chat to see if I could buy this offer and have it applied to my account when this thank you deal ends I got a bog standard reply along the lines of "its against the terms and conditions of the offer".

I wouldn't have thought it was beyond the realms of possibility to help a long standing customer but it seems it is!

0 Thanks
vc13
Expert 2

@stammie1609wrote:

The irony of this is that the offer I'm on is a thank you from @Karl-F for participating and helping Now TV diagnose the picture freezing issue.

@stammie1609 How long have you got left on the offer?  If it is before 25 April 2018 you can still get it a month ahead.  Alternatively you could create another account to take advantage or cancel it if renewal date is before 25 March 2018.

I also got the @Karl-F offer (thanks!), but mine expires on 4 April so I can take it up.  But I suspect there will be another offer for start of football season in August so I will leave it.  Maybe £150 for nine months from 11 August 2018 - 13 May 2018  (hint hint).

0 Thanks
stammie1609
Expert

@vc13wrote:

@stammie1609wrote:

@stammie1609 How long have you got left on the offer?  If it is before 25 April 2018 you can still get it a month ahead.  Alternatively you could create another account to take advantage or cancel it if renewal date is before 25 March 2018.

I also got the @Karl-F offer (thanks!), but mine expires on 4 April so I can take it up.  But I suspect there will be another offer for start of football season in August so I will leave it.  Maybe £150 for nine months from 11 August 2018 - 13 May 2018  (hint hint).

Unfortunately my thank you offer doesn't expire until the beginning of May so I'm a few days outside of that timescale 😞

Now chat did say there will be some "great" offers for sports passes at the end of April but I'll take that with a pinch of salt. 

0 Thanks
vc13
Expert 2

@stammie1609wrote:
Unfortunately my thank you offer doesn't expire until the beginning of May so I'm a few days outside of that timescale 😞

Now chat did say there will be some "great" offers for sports passes at the end of April but I'll take that with a pinch of salt. 

@stammie1609 Often there are very good offers outside football season like a month for the price of a week and free day passes for the golf/cricket.  I suspect that with the World Cup being on BBC and ITV there will have to be some very good offers in June and July.  Would be very handy for GAA this summer (hint hint)

0 Thanks
michaelsft
Advocate

I just fall short of this as my sports subscription lasts until May 16 (competition winner here!) -I was going to carry on at £33.99 a month but 9 months for £150 for all sports channels is something I can get behind!

Since I can't add this to my existing account (by the sounds of the chat here), can I just create a new account and bin the old one off?

Even though I'm effectively giving up 2 months on my current subscription I'd still only be paying £150 for the 7 months which is £21.43/month instead of £33.99/month for a saving of nearly £88.

Anything wrong with this plan for a sports addict like me?

0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michaelsft Welcome to the forum. If you really want to take up the offer then yes you could set up a new account.

You'd need to take steps to make sure you don't get charged on your current account tho, eg make sure current passes are properly cancelled and showing cancelled on your My Account > My Passes page, add a payment PIN (My Account > Payment PIN), signing out of the old account on all your devices and if you're not coming back to the account you might also want to go onto live chat and ask for your card details to be removed.

Plenty of people get caught out with passes still active or purchases made accidentally on old accounts.

0 Thanks
UnknownPleasure
Advocate

So, having seen a sponsored ad on Facebook this evening - where a rather facile social media representative of Now was doling out a fair bit of nonsense responses to question - I decided to sign up for the season pass (having used NOW TV to follow the F1 circus over the past couple of years) simply because it seemed a good deal.

First issue was trying to get the "Buy Now" button to work, as I kept getting routed to a page that didn't give me any option to purchase the season pass.

A Google eventually threw up the link on this thread in this forum and I went ahead to process the order under my existing Now TV account.  

When I placed my order I got an error message upon paying saying there was a problem with payment.  At the same time £150 was debited from the linked bank acount.

My NOW account doesn't show any F1 Pass and I am £150 out of pocket at the moment.

What a farce!!!  I'll be going for the jugular in the morning with Sky.  

0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@UnknownPleasure Welcome to the forum. Are you sure it's actually been taken from your card rather than holding pending? As it's a larger amount than usually gets charged by NOW TV it may have been flagged. If you've checked with your card provider to make sure it's definitely been taken then have a word with live chat who should be able to help.

You can  get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

0 Thanks