cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Judder and blurry sky sports

This is my second £6.99 sub and again I find the picture very poor. Its not the fact it is low resolution however it could always be better. Its the fact that if i leave my tv on its settings which are fine for all other channels and services the picture is a mess. The players and ball blur when moving to an extent its nauseating.

I have adjusted my tv to minimise this which makes it reasable to watch but there is still some judder and blurring present. I will also need to change the tv settings back when I resume any other content. Its not right and a pain in ****.

I use an apple tv. I even tryed different outputs on the apple tv.

Very disappointing,

16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

When watching Sky sports I recommend you set the video output frequency on your Apple TV to 50Hz (instead of the default 60Hz). All Sky Sports content is broadcast at (25 fps) 50Hz...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the moment the SS feed is almost unwatchable. Did checks against other streaming services and they are fine and getting good net connection.

This is the first time I have had this issue so wondering if a central problem.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

At the moment the SS feed is almost unwatchable. Did checks against other streaming services and they are fine and getting good net connection.

This is the first time I have had this issue so wondering if a central problem.

Hi @Anonymous User

What device are you using? If you're using a PC are you using Silverlight or the now TV Windows app? And what version of Windows are you using? Are you using a wired connection or Wi-Fi? (I would recommend a wired connection when using the live channels)

Now TV is different to most other streaming services as they provide live feeds most other streaming services do not. When watching sport the feeds will be live as there is no on demand content for sport. When testing to see if other services work try and run tests against other services which provide live feeds BBC iPlayer does now offer feeds of the live BBC channels. For example. Remember that on demand streaming is different to live streaming.  With live streaming is no buffer to speak of which can sometimes cause problems if you're using Wi-Fi.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK thanks.

I use a Mac (Latest release of El Captain) and same happening through FF and Safari both OK yesterday. I have aleways used WIFI and service has been very good and hence renewed regularly (like watching cricket).

However now you mention silverlight, an update was required before I could watch today, could that be the problem and if so how do I bypass it.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

OK thanks.

I use a Mac (Latest release of El Captain) and same happening through FF and Safari both OK yesterday. I have aleways used WIFI and service has been very good and hence renewed regularly (like watching cricket).

However now you mention silverlight, an update was required before I could watch today, could that be the problem and if so how do I bypass it.

Hi @Anonymous User

if you're using a Mac, you can't bypass Silverlight Unfortunately. Do you have any other device you can use to view now TV Also remember that Silverlight is limited to SD. So if you're using a high-res screen that could explain why the picture looks as if it is low detail or blurry as the picture will have been stretched to fit your screen

A list of devices and the  video quality they provide  is available at the link below

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no just have my Mac, the thing is been totally fine until today and not just the pic but the sound is about 20 seconds out. The res is irrelevant as just watch it on the website within the small screen normally.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let us know if you still experience this issue? 

Did you encounter this issue on any other device? 

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I set the apple tv at 720/50. Its a lot better but still not as it should be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to watch sky sports, live and not live, through my Apple TV. I have a wired connection and a speed of 35mps plus. I have read all the posts and made the suggested changes to my Samsung to and the Apple TV. Still a very juddery picture on all sky channels. HELP