cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigt

problem with bt line at main box

just set up now as my  internet provider. 

got sent box etc to set up on day they requested. everything went well except only 2 green lights showed. contacted now was told engineer would call at my house within 48hrs . bt engineer came as expecting and checked everything in house. was told  problem with internet connection was not in house. engineer went to the main box where al thd ports are and came back to tell me the problem with my connection was in thd main box. 

BT engineer was going to contact now & let them know the problem. the main BT box etc is in the middle of the road so the engineer was having to request traffic lights etc to be sent to the island so they could go down into the main box and fix the problem but they had to have traffic lights etc put up to keep them safe while going down into the main bt box in the middle of the road along from my house. 

i’ve paid now my set up fee and my 1st month subscription but i have no data or internet connection until BT fix the problem. 

i think Now should at least offer me either a sim card with data etc on it or a dongle so i can at least have some internrt  connection in my house. 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@bigt 

You won't get a reply from staff on here. See this for the purpose of the forum.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

Call the broadband team using the number from the below link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@bigt 

As what you have is a delayed activation, Now should automagically credit you compensation at a daily rate that should cover a decent data plan while Openreach dig the road up.

If you want the sort of mobile backup you are describing, BT and other operators provide that, but not at Now’s bargain-basement rates.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.