cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote Control - lag or unresponsive

I have been struggling with my Smart Stick remote for a while, with a really long lag / lack of responsiveness when using NowTV.  Initially on start up it can take up several minutes for a button press on the remote to register on the TV.  Other times it doesnt register at all and I have to power off to start again.  Sometimes when watching a programme, you cant pause, rewind or go back to 'Home'. I tried have resetting it (including full hard reset), replacing batteries, power on/off, re-pairing the remote (almost daily), but nothing works.  Is there a fix out there? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because the NOW Smart Voice Remote works over wifi i find that it is a little flakey compared to my other NOW playback devices that either operate over Infra red or bluetooth.

Can't help much, apart from try different wifi channels on your Router (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi frequencies if you have a dual band Router) and make sure the HDMI port on the Stick is not cluttered with surrounding cables or other devices on adjacent HDMI ports that could effect the wifi signal.

if you have a HDMI flylead extender cable, then try that and test the Stick with both the supplied power adapter and USB port on your television if your TV supports a 5VDC 900MA output.

i would also be tempted myself to try the Stick on another television, just to see if the same problem exists with the remote.

Should nothing help and you don't want to use the free Roku Remote App on a smartphone or tablet, then if the Stick is out of warranty you may have to look at a replacement or alternative playback device if you want to continue to use NOW.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because the NOW Smart Voice Remote works over wifi i find that it is a little flakey compared to my other NOW playback devices that either operate over Infra red or bluetooth.

Can't help much, apart from try different wifi channels on your Router (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi frequencies if you have a dual band Router) and make sure the HDMI port on the Stick is not cluttered with surrounding cables or other devices on adjacent HDMI ports that could effect the wifi signal.

if you have a HDMI flylead extender cable, then try that and test the Stick with both the supplied power adapter and USB port on your television if your TV supports a 5VDC 900MA output.

i would also be tempted myself to try the Stick on another television, just to see if the same problem exists with the remote.

Should nothing help and you don't want to use the free Roku Remote App on a smartphone or tablet, then if the Stick is out of warranty you may have to look at a replacement or alternative playback device if you want to continue to use NOW.