cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichH

Really poor bitrates on history channel

The bitrate seems to be really poor on the history channel.e.g. Forged in Fire..seems to swap every minute or so to about 240p resolution then flip back. 

Been watching on my LG oled TV and on a gigabit line that gives me 750Mb on a poor day. P

It's pretty much certain a Now TV issue as other streaming services are fine and the adverts though the shows are also fine.

I'm using an ethernet line, also tested it over WiFi 6 and as said no other stream service I use has these issues. It's bad enough that I'm thinking of sacking of Now TV as a lost cause.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@RichH 

Yes, but who else has Forged In Fire?

Sacking Now is a two-edged sword…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RichH

Amazon do.

Of course NowTV having something that switches to a MPEG 1 video from the 90's ain't good. It's not exactly cutting edge.

RoyB
Legend

@RichH 

It certainly stops you enjoying it right up to the hilt.

Justwatch reports, though, that Amazon, and Apple, are selling it episode by episode, and not as part of out subscriptions to either. As I’ve mentioned before, do the math here; you can get maybe three episodes for the cost of a month’s Now subscription. Even if you do get to ‘keep’ them, it’s not exactly a bargain.

But then JustWatch doesn’t show FIF as available on Now, so maybe that other information isn’t fully accurate. Prime definitely wanted to charge me, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RichH 

All I can suggest is to do the standard things staff would tell you to troubleshoot like.

• Delete and reinstall the app
  • If you can’t do that, delete the cache and data for the app
  • Unplug both the TV and router for a few minutes
  • Worse case set the TV back to factory settings

Outside of all that you are best to report with staff directly. Which is via live chat, make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help