cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKS123
Advocate

Poor customer services - NOW broadband

I have moved to NOW fiber broadband last month and now I am cursing myself for choosing NOW. I am getting a poor connection and in comparison to my previous non-fiber broadband this one is not only slow but connection keeps breaking up. I have called them few times and only once I was able to speak to a representative who guided me in splitting up the connection which didn't help. Now it's already a month and wondering if I need to stick with such poor connectivity and unresponsive provider. What options I have than calling and waiting for someone to pick up the call and support.

I am not going to recommend NOW to anyone.

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AKS123 

Try your own router, the one provided by NOW isn't the best. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AKS123
Advocate

Sorry it didn't work

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AKS123 

You tried your own router?

Otherwise you need to call the broadband team.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@AKS123 

Is the speed you are getting slower than the minimum speed that Now promised you? (Preferably as measured on a wired, not WiFi, connection).

If so, put Now Broadband on notice that you are invoking their promise that if they can’t fix it within 30 days, they must let you leave penalty-free,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Unfortunately as @AKS123 has given us no idea of what they were on before (ADSL?) just what service they are on with Now ( Fab or Super), what their guaranteed speed is, what sync speed they are actually getting, and just what "connection keeps breaking up" means. it's difficult to give good advice.

@gavs82008tried, but got nowhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

defo, I have been with NowTV BB for a few years now, tbh, no issues, so I recently moved my parents over to NowTV BBand managed to get a good deal for them as well as reducing my monthly payments

but recently, payment details have disappeared from both accounts, everytime I try to readd/update the account with card details, it throws up an error, I had to pretend that I was wanting to cancel to get to speak to an actual agent

time spent on the phone to update details? about 1 minute excluding the time going through the menu, time trying over the website and automated service? several bloody days...

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now Broadband is only cheap if you don’t value your time 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Connection to what?

Wifi?

intenet? - you have tried connecting via Ethernet haven't you?

What were you on before and with who?

what equipment are you using to connect, if its the now router then its well know for poor wifi in some cases - if this is the case the you will have to look at an alternative solution

As for me im happy with Now, i tried the Now router and agree its poor, thats why i use my own router/modem . My current uptime/connection time from my router stats is 128 days , 20 hours and 15 minutes ( at time of writing) without a single drop out

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 

i think you are replying to the original post, now 19 days old. I think I covered most of your points earlier, but the OP hasn't come back.

But @Anonymous User re-opened the thread, and, as the forum is broken, it dumps you at the first post, not the "latest unread". It's very annoying. I wish they would fix it.

Any chance of Jump to First Unread being made to w... - NOW Community (nowtv.com)