cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibsy78
Occasional Poster

NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

Hi

I switched my broadband from BT to NowTV on 5th December.  We are still in the 10 day settling in period so I expect to see speed fluctuations but the issue we have is with the signal from the hub.  The signal is very weak and starts to drop to 2 or 3 bars after moving just 3 metres away and does not get to the back rooms at all.  I have positioned the router in the same place as the BT hub, and pressed reset to get the best channel (though this should not be an issue as neither of our nextdoor neighbours has broadband).  We have no other lines we can try to use.  Is this issue common, and will it resolve itself after the 10 day period?  At the moment this is impacting many of our "connected" kit in the house.

From reading other threads my understanding is that NowTV broadband can only be supplied via the NowTV hub and that buying a new router will not work.  Is this correct?

I know an extender may help, but we don't really want to pay for one as we did not need one with BT, and I'm wondering if the kit is faulty.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

0 Thanks
42 Replies
NOW TV Team Aaron-R
NOW TV Team

Re: NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

@Gibsy78 wrote:

Hi

I switched my broadband from BT to NowTV on 5th December.  We are still in the 10 day settling in period so I expect to see speed fluctuations but the issue we have is with the signal from the hub.  The signal is very weak and starts to drop to 2 or 3 bars after moving just 3 metres away and does not get to the back rooms at all.  I have positioned the router in the same place as the BT hub, and pressed reset to get the best channel (though this should not be an issue as neither of our nextdoor neighbours has broadband).  We have no other lines we can try to use.  Is this issue common, and will it resolve itself after the 10 day period?  At the moment this is impacting many of our "connected" kit in the house.

From reading other threads my understanding is that NowTV broadband can only be supplied via the NowTV hub and that buying a new router will not work.  Is this correct?

I know an extender may help, but we don't really want to pay for one as we did not need one with BT, and I'm wondering if the kit is faulty.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

@Gibsy78

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum

We have just sent you an email with instructions on how to improve the wireless signal

Thanks

Aaron

0 Thanks
Gibsy78
Occasional Poster

Thanks for your help. Changing the channel on the router has helped. It still isn't as strong as BT but definitely better.

0 Thanks
Teebee99
Occasional Poster

Im having the same problem. No local signal in the bedroom. Had no problem with BT hub. Only the first day of NowTv broadband and not happy...help or we cancel.
0 Thanks
Teebee99
Occasional Poster

Please send me the email too as this is our first day and no access in bedroom.
Thanks.
0 Thanks
Eddie-M
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Teebee99

I have emailed you steps to check the wireless channels. Please also take into account the position of your HUB and things around it that may cause interference.

Cheers

Eddie

0 Thanks
Michael1607
First Poster

Hi - I'm having the same problem, the signal within the rom the hub is located is really quite weak, I was with Sky previously with  no WIFI signal dropout, but this is pretty poor signal wise...any suggestions ?

0 Thanks
Bec162
First Poster

We have gone live today, and are paying for the top fibre you offer. However our signal is really bad compared to our old sky fibre. Please help? 

0 Thanks
Rob166
Occasional Poster

HI all,

So I can't use my old sky router instaed of NOWTV hub ? It has been a couple of months now and my fibre speed seems comparable to my old non fibre broadband with sky, and it only covers 80% of the house unlike the previous router, this was supposed to be an upgrade in broadband but all I get is buffering and delays in streaming programs and a really bad signal in the house. Different router same location and same things surrounding it, only change is the very poor hub, is this the same as Skys old home hub wich was also pretty rubbish ? Suggestions anyone otherwise I'm stuck with this for a year before I can bin it.

Thanks.

0 Thanks
Teebee99
Occasional Poster

Hi Eddie, I ended up buying a wireless extender from Curry's. This has
sorted the signal in the bedroom out.
Thanks again though.
0 Thanks