cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedUpDisabled
Advocate

No broadband No help to set up and disabled - need engineer to visit

Hi,

I am disabled and have recently paid for NOW broadband but it has not come on.  I have to keep travelling to my friends house to email NOW.  Why can't I get them on the phone and to send an engineer to sort this out.  I'm so fed up with it.

9 REPLIES 9
Jayach
Elite 3

@FedUpDisabled wrote:
Why can't I get them on the phone and to send an engineer to sort this out.  I'm so fed up with it.

Is the landline phone working? If so there is a number in this link:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Why do you have to travel to a friends house to email?

FedUpDisabled
Advocate

I don't have a phone, so I don't use a landline although a phone line was installed by the previous renter.  I am disabled, so I struggle to see text other than on a laptop etc., so I have to go to my friends to see what NOW have to say.

I have explained all this to NOW but still, to date, I have no broadband. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FedUpDisabled 

In that link from @Jayach you have a free phone number, so if you have a mobile you can use that to call. Otherwise there is also a form you can fill out also in the same link.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FedUpDisabled 

You will have been given a go live date. This is selected by OpenReach. 

If you currently have an OpenReach master socket, you won’t need an engineer to set it up as it will be plug in on the go live date. 

There will be an OpenReach engineer required but doing their bit at the cabinet to get you up and running. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

@FedUpDisabled 

You will have been given a go live date. This is selected by OpenReach. 

But, judging by the posts on here, rarely kept to. (although we probably won't hear about those that were) 

FedUpDisabled
Advocate

If the hub is faulty or the line is faulty, surely an engineer would be able to assess that and resolve it.  I still have no broadband.  

Asking NOW for help is like communicating with a void. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@FedUpDisabled 

If you have contacted Now, and told them your broadband is not working. just what have they said? 

FedUpDisabled
Advocate

A number of relatives have come to my flat and tried to get the broadband to work;  it still does not.  Relatives suspect that the hub is faulty or the line is. 

Again, all of this has been explained to NOW to no avail;  I still have no broadband BUT ....NOW have had their money from me.  Seems to me like the Sale of Goods Act is not understood by NOW. 

My view is that if they sent an engineer, she/he would be able to access the fault and resolve it.