cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD and surround not on Movie pages-HD Boost

HD Boost option. Notes say you can see if a film is in full HD by looking at the pages on the movie choice screens. I have been looking on my laptop at Mary Poppins and even Aquaman but cannot see any abbreviations.

Is it (such a clever system) that this information is only added to viewers that have subscribed to the boost??

Just trying to see if most of the films are in true full HD and surround sound before starting the trial.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The reason is that the Boost Pass doesn't currently support PC or Laptops and won't show the necessary information next to the movie or TV show.

See this article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

I have a Boost pass and on my nowtv box both Mary Poppins and Aquaman are HD 5.1 with a supported Boost pass playback device.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is some further information in this linked article also about the NowTV Boost Pass service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Interesting to see that the Device compatability chart information. That even chromecast (Ultra) and Apple are still only HD, but I guess in time they may be included. 

So I cannot check out the answer to my own question ( I have incompatable laptop,  ios devices , panasonic tv etc)

Can you advise are most films on "Movies" ( well not Classics) now available in full HD and surround?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing NowTV didn't want to show the HD or 5.1 symbol next to the movies or TV shows on non Boost playback devices, because it may have confused customers further.

Where they would be continually asking on the forum and NowTV social media outlets, why can't i get 1080p HD and 5.1 surround sound on my device because i can see the HD & 5.1 icon next to the film or TV episode in question.

I have a had quick look at the NowTV Cinema section, and there does seem to be a lot of movies that support both HD & 5.1.

Not aware of an official list, but if you can post some of the movies that you are interested in, then i can check if they are currently HD / 5.1 supported.

Though it will not help if you haven't got any Boost supported playback devices 😠.