Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cable cut

Moved into our new home to find that the fibre optics cable from BT Openreach has been cut by the previous owner.

Rang BT but they say to speak to NowTV who we were planning to stick with after the move, but can’t seem to find an answer from them about a fix. We’ll need an engineer, but do they supply them?




4 Replies
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @StuWoo 


If it's definitely the incoming telephone cable has been cut, then phone the NOW Broadband Team if they are your provider and they will organise for a BT Openreach Engineer to attend the property.


When you moved did you notify NOW about the move if you are going to stick with them ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @StuWoo 


Or did you cancel with NOW and haven't yet got an ISP on board at your new home ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it is a Fibre cable that has been cut, Now won't be any help as they don't supply FTTP services. You will need to go with one of the ISP's who do. (almost everyone else)




Mention it to your solicitor. The previous owners are legally responsible for leaving everything in good order, and this is not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.