cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Have you all seen the current stats for this thread?

459 REPLIES 17468 VIEWS

I think that sums up that this should be important to NowTV. 

Highlighted
Scholar 2

Just goes to show that they really don’t care and have no interest in giving loyal customers support.

Highlighted
Scholar 3

Jeremy darroch ceo of sky. That's his email. Pretty certain one of his assistants will respond. But who knows. 

jeremy.darroch@Anonymous User.com

Highlighted
Expert 2

Twitter is becoming more interesting.

I replied to an unconnected tweet which by coincidence was asking NowTV where the watchlist function was... NowTV responded to her that it should be there.

Of course it transpires she cannot see it because... thats right... she has a 4 year old app on AppleTV!!

So... another nudge to NowTV help again they responded saying "thanks for the feedback we will work on it"

So, I think the more this is asked, the better.  They need to know the demand is there.

Highlighted
Mentor

I decided to jump ship from AppleTV for NowTV and bought a NowTV stick for £20. I was blown away by how completely different the apps were. I honestly think the AppleTV app will never get updated as I think it would have by now especially since iPhone app is updated regularly. Its a pain having two devices but there's no other way. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

I refuse to go down a two device route, pretty much all apps are on the Apple TV now, it took a while, but they are now. I’d rather occasionally binge watch and save my money if they can’t be bother to update the tvOS app. I do have a NowTV stick, some of the apps on there leave a bit to be desired, not unlike the NowTV app on tvOS. 

Don’t forget the Apple TV app is already updated, they made it a universal iOS/tvOS app, just that for some reason this tvOS version has not been released in the UK. 

It would seem unlikely they wouldn’t release the universal app in the U.K. at some point, what is strange is why they haven’t yet. Maybe a bug, so they have rolled out to smaller countries first and paused, but a comment from NowTV would be nice, someone knows why it’s available now in Ireland, but not the U.K.  

Highlighted
Scholar 3

Fully agree with you and then they send someone to say it’s not on the radar when it clearly is. Nowtv clearly don’t understand the art of communication. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

But, @Zagreus the point is that the app *has* been updated!... a little while ago...

but its only been released on the irish and italian app stores, not the UK.

So, its there... and we can only hope that its just a matter of patience.

None of us can begin to fathom the reason why they have chosen to not release it in the UK... especially as going forward it would be a universal app and then should be kept up to date with the iOS app too.  surely that makes sense to them

and as @MrZippy has said... I too relented and purchased a NowTV box about 2 months ago - it was only £20 and is a horrible user interface experience but at least im getting 1080p, 5.1 and the watchlist functionality.

I hate the interface, and its a pain in the bum having to switch between boxes for content... and I eagerly await thew day the app is updated on the AppleTV to enable me to use one box for all my content.

Highlighted
Mentor

Been watching this thread for a few months now and decided to jump in. Like many I'm impatiently waiting for the updated Now TV app for Apple TV. I use Apple TV for Netflix, Prime, BT Sport, Photos, Podcasts, iPlayer, All4, iTunes movie purchases....oh, and Now TV. I got the 12 month movies and entertainment pass for £99 just before Christmas, paid for with £33 of Clubcard vouchers, and 6 months of Sports for £20/m, so Now TV was a no brainer financially even if the updated UK Apple TV app was on the back burner even then.

I decided to give Boost a test to see if it was worth it, and picked up a 2nd hand Now TV 4K box for £10 and did the week's free trial. The difference in picture and particularly 5.1 sound quality compared to the SD/Stereo Apple TV app experience is marked. So Boost is worth it. But it was just pointless having an extra box that is too limited to replace what Apple TV offers. So I sold it for £10 😁 and got a stick on offer from Now TV for £8 inc 1 month of boost. To my eyes the stick's Boost TV picture isn't as crisp as the box offered but the sound is equal. But the bigger issue is the UX...the stick is SO slow to switch on, constantly glitchy, slow to load, loses TV guides and runs VERY hot. It's a P.o.C. But, it hides round the back of the TV so the only pain is the extra remote. 

I'll stick (!!) with it for now, but cannot wait to throw it in the bin once the new Apple TV app is available. I've reached out to NowTVHelp on Twitter and got the stock "No plans yet" response, which I politely challenged, asking if they could explain why there is a delay here when it is available in other territories. Silence. If I hear anything I'll post back, but urge everyone to keep making polite noise on Twitter to keep this front of mind 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

Totally agree.

Im in the same situation.

As I said.. the Box is fine, the picture quality is good and Boost is worth having.

The user experience is horrible... the interface slow and laggy, the remote is horrible - a bit unforgivable from a brand new box....

I want to use my AppleTV!!

I think another nudge on Twitter is in order.... as others have said.. its all about communication - how hard is it for someone to answer the question "why is the app not available in the UK".  Somebody knows at NowTV...

It wouldn't kill them to ask the question and come back with something like "we are doing a phased release in our smaller territories first and are ironing out some bugs before it is finally released in the UK"

That is better than silence or "soon"