cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Braindome
Scholar 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Is anybody else having trouble with the app playing programmes as the wrong frame rate? I have my Apple TV set to match the content frame rate, but US programs look very juddery. Looks like something is converting the 30fps shows to 25fps. After all this time, my TV’s built-in NowTV app still looks way better than the Apple TV version even for simple HD content. Haven’t noticed this on any other streaming service. 

0 Thanks
nfrend
Advocate

Recent update. Have not noticed any changes other than subtitles on live. Still stereo on demand. 

0 Thanks
Hooba
Scholar 3

I'm reading that the AppleTV+ app on SkyQ is 2.0 audio only ..... 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Hooba 

Interesting i wonder why that is as it should do Dolby Atmos

Hooba
Scholar 3

@Enapace I imagine its Apple saying to Sky: if you're only doing 2.0 on the Now app on AppleTV, we're returning the compliment by only doing 2.0 for the SkyQ AppleTV+ app.

They were either both going to go 5.1, or 2.0. Looks like 2.0 won the day. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Hooba

Apparently Sky have said Dolby Atmos is coming later to the Apple TV Sky Glass/Q next year we will see when they implement if Now implement 5.1 for us as well. I forgot how much decent speakers can sound lol. Hooked up a couple of stereo speakers to my second TV today just really made me realise how bad built in TV speakers are.

Hooba
Scholar 3

@Enapace Oh yeah, decent speakers make a huge difference. My second TV uses an AppleTV 4K and a pair of HomePod minis - sound is really good even as 2.0. Main TV is AppleTV 4K (latest model) and a pair of full size HomePods - that sounds really good. Second TV I use AppleTV Now app. Main TV I access Now through BT Box Pro (5.1) and Arc that into AppleTV - Homepods. Very impressive. Good job we are detached ... !

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Hooba 

I will probably add a subwoofer to the set up after christmas make it a proper 2.1 set up for a bit of base not going add a center or rear speakers though. 

0 Thanks
Shminky
Mentor

I once again experienced 5.1 sound from OnDemand. Wonder Woman 1984 (wife’s movie choice not mine) was definitely outputting 5.1, I could hear it plus my Sony system displayed the output as so. Not sure what is happening with other people, every episode of Dexter: New Blood also outputs as 5.1 via OnDemand for myself. 

0 Thanks
Popeye13
Scholar

So its possible they've finally flicked that switch and stopped messing AppleTV users about.

I notice that i don't get DD if i tune to a channel thats currently on an ad-break, or Sky Sports News / Sky News, unless i've previously tuned to a channel with DD (Usually Sky Cinema Animation)

0 Thanks